Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vo 60 deck plank  (Read 1431 times)

stringer

• Full Mayhemer
vo 60 deck plank
« on: March 03, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »

hi every one
getting close to finishing the deck planking, just the cabin area to complete, have put some photos for you to see, I have coloured the king plank and the plank that runs around the outer edge of the deck, I don't think you can see but I have also added a rubbing strip, when the cabin area is complete I will put a light varnish over the deck and cabin area prior to filling in the gaps between the deck planks with black mastic using a small syringe, when this has dried I will rub down the deck and cabin floor, the reason for colouring the king plank and outer plank is because the light varnish which will protect the planking from the mastic would also stop me from colouring in the king plank and outer edge plank. I wanted to let the dye seep into these planks before a final few coats of varnish.
and then its a complete cover up of everything above the rubbing strip, ready for the hull to be prepared for painting, I will need some advise from the painting fraternity when I get to this stage.
Geoff S 
you will never fail as long as you try
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.