Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamar deck colour  (Read 1308 times)

ajb63

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Tamar deck colour
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:34:47 pm »

Hi all
I am building the 1/16 model Slipway Tamar and l am wanting to know which colour grey (  spray can paint ),  builders have used for the deck. Also l will be painting the hull bottom white and blue. On the blue and red hulls the waterline is detailed with a white vinyl tape. Is the white tape still used as the waterline on a white to blue hull or do you rely on the paint line to create the waterline.
Thanks for any replies.
Alan

pipster

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tamar deck colour
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:14:39 pm »

Hi Alan,
I used humbrol 27 in can for the deck on mine. You may well get other options from others in the lifeboat section.
No need for white trim tape for the boot topping on the blue/ white hulled boats and there's no separate band on the full size boats that I can see. Mask with 3m fineline tape and you'll. be fine. More masking tips are in my thread on Tamiya masking tape issues, with the tips coming from Stavros.
Phil

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tamar deck colour
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:04:57 pm »

Depending upon station in the early days the white Tamars were slip launched and the red/white anti fouled boats, kept afloat were changed to the white...….which wasn't white as such but a cream colour similar to the old colour of OLD ENGLISH WHITE.....which is sold for classic cars...……..but now, I believe all Tamars have taken up the "cream" below boot topping, which is that light cream, Old English White.

neil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.