Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for Starter Boat  (Read 7900 times)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: Recommendation for Starter Boat
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 01:10:44 pm »

I doubt the OP is reading this now?
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »

I doubt the OP is reading this now?

last Logged in at :02:30 am Today.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 08:15:18 pm »

Duke , somebody recommended an Aeronaut kit and a couple of others said a Springer, it so happens that another newby to Mayhem has just started an Aeronaut "Ramborator" which is die cut or laser cut Springer kit, see posts by SJG001.   If you want the top can be anything you want or whatever the Little Skipper is interested in at any time. A simple "shoe-box lid deck with his or your choice, and a large-ish broken toy gets a new life as a cabin or cargo for a barge.   Water polo is a game the two of you can play with the addition of a couple of spring door stops from B&Q and a half-size football. Check the Springer thread here on Mayhem.   You have a PM.
..well can you land on this?

thedukeofno

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 10:46:42 pm »

Folks:

I purchased the Aeronaut Mowe II pack a while back, and have only just now gotten to building it. Perhaps I'll post some pics here or in another forum.

So far, so good. As others have noted, the kit goes together well. It came with fairly heavy (270g, vs. the 200g recommended by Aeronaut) 7.2v, 5000mAh NiMh battery pack. That might be a bit much for it, and am leaning towards picking up a 6v, 2500mAh "receiver" pack.

Have to make some decisions:
- color scheme
- hull skinning (yea or nay)
- hull coating method (seems like you guys have a lot of differing opinions on this topic
- name
- next boat to build  ok2

Important thing: I sparked the interest of my boy who is more than happy to take over gluing some of the non-critical topsides / outfitting components.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.