Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Owns this  (Read 2611 times)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Who Owns this
« on: March 13, 2017, 05:52:21 pm »

Hi
This was taken at the 2015 Model Boat Convention, think it has been there a few times, Any idea as to who it belongs to ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5j4fHh3e1s

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Who Owns this
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:32:14 pm »

Someone from Runcorn model boat club would know.     maybe

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:57:37 pm »

I remember one similar to this at the Eastbourne model power boat club it had a pirate and parrot and it spoke as he rowed, I believe that was owed by the chairman Paul Ford 

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:32 pm »

I remember one similar to this at the Eastbourne model power boat club it had a pirate and parrot and it spoke as he rowed, I believe that was owed by the chairman Paul Ford

Correct..Paul's was a Graupner kit originally, much modified by him. Somewhere I have a load of photos of it, I believe there are a couple on here somewhere.

Paul passed away a while back now, what happened to  the boat I know not.
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »

Correct..Paul's was a Graupner kit originally, much modified by him. Somewhere I have a load of photos of it, I believe there are a couple on here somewhere.

Paul passed away a while back now, what happened to  the boat I know not.

That's very sad to hear :( I've not been in Eastbourne for 20+ years and I was a junior member of the Eastbourne model power boat club back in the 80's when they used to meet if I remember correctly the 1st Monday of every month at The Chaseley Trust for ex-serviceman
there was a member of that club that used to help me make model boats but his name slips my mind he used to work as a lorry driver for Newey & Eyre don't know if you remember him he lived up on The Hydneye and used to drive an old british racing green Triumph 2000 TC 

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:43:31 pm »

Someone from Runcorn model boat club would know.     maybe

ken
Ken, I am in runcorn club and I took the video.

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »

That's very sad to hear :( I've not been in Eastbourne for 20+ years and I was a junior member of the Eastbourne model power boat club back in the 80's when they used to meet if I remember correctly the 1st Monday of every month at The Chaseley Trust for ex-serviceman
there was a member of that club that used to help me make model boats but his name slips my mind he used to work as a lorry driver for Newey & Eyre don't know if you remember him he lived up on The Hydneye and used to drive an old british racing green Triumph 2000 TC

Ah...that will me, then. Yes, I lived in The Hydneye, had a remarkably mouthy parrot called Frank...most of Hampden Park knew him. The 2000TC was the love of my life then, lovely old thing, built like a brick outhouse, but in the end the gearbox went bang, and that was her lot.

I'm trying to remember you...give me a clue?
Rich

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »

Ah...that will me, then. Yes, I lived in The Hydneye, had a remarkably mouthy parrot called Frank...most of Hampden Park knew him. The 2000TC was the love of my life then, lovely old thing, built like a brick outhouse, but in the end the gearbox went bang, and that was her lot.

I'm trying to remember you...give me a clue?

Ah yes that's you I remember the Parrot used to mimic the door bell and tell people to f-off lol!!
I'm Paul I used to hassle you as a kid  {-) no I used to come around yours and you helped me build a small frigate from balsa, you also gave me a lift to modelworld one day and your front wheel bearing on the car let go at Beddingham crossing

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:41 pm »

Well, I remember the wheel bearing episode well, made me jump!

Paul...hmm...I'm struggling here. Where did you live at the time, then...must have been fairly local?
Rich

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 09:19:45 pm »

I was in Dillingburgh road in Old town runs parallel with Victoria drive, my dad used to collect me from your place in the Hydneye 

P.s the wheel bearing made me jump too lol!! I was in the back  O0 we all got out the car in the lay-by just before the crossing thinking how lucky we was not to be hit by the on coming lorry when the car swerved across the road (well hung on though  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.