Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mary Ann My first build. Work in progress.  (Read 1925 times)

Silfield

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Mary Ann My first build. Work in progress.
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:22 am »

Morning all,
This is my first meaningful post and also my first build so all hints tips and constructive criticism gratefully accepted.
Started this Billings Mary Ann about 11 years ago but took an (enforced) break from it after the hull was planked and primed as a couple of rug rats came along, work conspired against me and the wife constantly found other avenues for my spare time. I have done a bit of 1/35 military plastic kits in the past as well as a few dioramas but nothing in wood. Still plenty to do on her and I am at present trying to find sources of information to try and detail her up a bit, so if there are any pearls of wisdom out there please feel free to chip in. I am quite proud of the fact that there is no filler in any of the boat (honest!) but admit that the paint is a bit thick in certain places ;)
I painted the hull last night so am going to leave her well alone for a few days until the enamel cures hard.

newbe7

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mary Ann My first build. Work in progress.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »

We all have different levels we model at enjoy the process and do the best for your level.
I look at the work of many of the projects on this and other forums and marvel at the work that I see.
Keep up the good work no one will pick you apart for your model or how you are doing on it.
Rick

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 04:38:03 pm »

Nice work so far mate my dad has the Mary Ann and she's a great boat too sail I'm currently got the cux krapper same hull just few different details etc my advice would be if ur running it on a lake keep the sails down rolled up if it's bit windy Dad found it made it a bit unstable

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:59:47 pm »

She looks a treat! I like the hull, very smooth.

I will keep an eye on your progress. Another interesting topic to look forward to.
Pond weed is your enemy

Silfield

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 09:43:48 am »

I managed to grab a few hours of peace and quiet over the last couple of evenings to do a bit more work on Mary Ann, mostly turned out good but had a bit of an 'accident' with some superglue last night! Managed to weld a wooden block between finger and thumb (dont ask) but glancing at the clock I realised it was past 2 am so called it a night and crawled off to bed. Hopefully I should be able to right the previous wrongs tonight when swimbo is working a night shift-if the kids play ball and stay asleep!
I love the challenges that this first model is throwing at me-roll on number 2 (whatever that may be)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.