Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug Towing Courses & Rules and R/C Scale Steering  (Read 24701 times)

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: Tug Towing Courses & Rules and R/C Scale Steering
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2018, 09:24:09 pm »

Not seen 6 blade on a tug before do show

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:04 am »

Hi Roy. looking at your pulling poundage I think you need to change your props to kort thruster props the props you describe are
   more for a  Sub. photo attached.

John

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »

Hi Roy. Could you post a photo of your props please.

John.
Hi John ?? well it didn't go nor did my message so start again ? ill try sending you through email if I can get it private message? and it was tested last week and ( steady pull from bank = 2lbs No snatch) but the scales were not up to much?

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2018, 02:52:18 pm »

Name                 Length   Scale    V       Motor      Prop'           B' pull
[/size]Southampton      22"       1:32     7.2     2 x 280    K 25mm      0.32
[/size]44                      31"       1:48      7.2    600          50mm         1.30
[/size]Tow Knee           20"       1:24     12      555          45mm         1.35
[/size]Stan tug             24"       1:32     12      2 x T4      K 40mm      1.8
[/size]Wrangler            33"       1:32     12      T 12         K 55mm      2.3
[/size]Happy hunter     40"       1:50     12      2 x 700     K 60mm      3.2
[/size]Dutch river         34"       1:32     12      2 x 555    K 60mm      3.5
[/size]Knowurrys          34"       1:20     12      2 x 850    Z 65mm      3.5
[/size]Giorgi Vatev       34"       1:20     12      2 x 600    K 60mm      3.8
[/size]Rachem             24"        1:32     12      900          K 65mm     5.6
[/size]Kashed               27"       1:32     12      2 x 900    K 65mm     5.78
[/size]
[/size]As promised so far, with some five other tugs to be measured but due to the weather etc moan moan, the HEMBC fleet has not all been through scrutiny! I am sure someone could make a very nice chart of the above but my thoughts and consequential actions are to make our tug tow this year a tad more easier and open to more vessels/captains. So as can be seen there is a two way divide or maybe even three way.;
[/size]up to 2 pound
[/size]2 to 4 pound
[/size]over 4 pound.
[/size]This will hopefully be a good handicap system together with a opening of the competition.
[/size]What do you think?
[/size]Perhaps Mayhem members could add to the chart list with there own vessels or other club members tugs!!? This may help you when in the early phase of planning your new tug build to have a better 'guesstimate' (Star trek 'Data' comment) as to drive voltage etc combinations.
[/size]Wishing you all well
[/size]Happy tug tow competitions all.
[/size]
[/size]Pirate

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »

By the by, I have a 6 bladed prop, a Sitek Kort prop and a Prop shop prop all the same size so will soon put each on in turn to my tug and try its bollard pull, there will be slight external factors but I think the results will be useful. If not  ... then please tell me. As this question as to what prop etc in a Kort often rears its head and it needs in my mind some sort of data/validification.

Regards

Pirate

Ps Moderator if you feel either of my last messages need a new thread (I have endeavored to follow the flavor of this one) please move it so to. Thank you

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2018, 04:19:49 pm »

Hi All,
An interesting debate to seek the views of other clubs on this subject, it's something to explore at club level in order to resurrect this declining sector of model boating and hopefully seek to discuss this with our current committee, with a view to enhancing the scale section with emphasis on having fun, which hopefully will drive interest from members to get involved.
Destroyer42
Hi Guys have had a bad time this year and lack of a car this year as well all to change again just this week ??hopefully ?  and I was looking forwards to coming to (blane moor?) even to view? maybe if there is still something on the calendar (September?) Well an question not solved yet In any of the competitions On towing  (1) (2) or (3) is there rules that cover diffrent size (Tugs) ie: a  48" scale a 72" scale and a 32" scale? running together as a Team ?? and are there different weights for the (barges) being towed at different sizes I know Ive been out of it for awhile but thanks to every one and hope to see some of you soon. Roy

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:38 pm »

Name                 Length   Scale    V       Motor      Prop'           B' pull
[/size]Southampton      22"       1:32     7.2     2 x 280    K 25mm      0.32
[/size]44                      31"       1:48      7.2    600          50mm         1.30
[/size]Tow Knee           20"       1:24     12      555          45mm         1.35
[/size]Stan tug             24"       1:32     12      2 x T4      K 40mm      1.8
[/size]Wrangler            33"       1:32     12      T 12         K 55mm      2.3
[/size]Happy hunter     40"       1:50     12      2 x 700     K 60mm      3.2
[/size]Dutch river         34"       1:32     12      2 x 555    K 60mm      3.5
[/size]Knowurrys          34"       1:20     12      2 x 850    Z 65mm      3.5
[/size]Giorgi Vatev       34"       1:20     12      2 x 600    K 60mm      3.8
[/size]Rachem             24"        1:32     12      900          K 65mm     5.6
[/size]Kashed               27"       1:32     12      2 x 900    K 65mm     5.78
[/size]
[/size]As promised so far, with some five other tugs to be measured but due to the weather etc moan moan, the HEMBC fleet has not all been through scrutiny! I am sure someone could make a very nice chart of the above but my thoughts and consequential actions are to make our tug tow this year a tad more easier and open to more vessels/captains. So as can be seen there is a two way divide or maybe even three way.;
[/size]up to 2 pound
[/size]2 to 4 pound
[/size]over 4 pound.
[/size]This will hopefully be a good handicap system together with a opening of the competition.
[/size]What do you think?
[/size]Perhaps Mayhem members could add to the chart list with there own vessels or other club members tugs!!? This may help you when in the early phase of planning your new tug build to have a better 'guesstimate' (Star trek 'Data' comment) as to drive voltage etc combinations.
[/size]Wishing you all well
[/size]Happy tug tow competitions all.
[/size]
[/size]Pirate
Hi long time out you have a lot of numbers there? as before My tug is a (Yorkshireman) bow to stern 34" and 9" beam as kit came ?BUT it must weigh about ??13kg ? its heavy to lift in? Bow thruster has (Kort) but not steerable both props forwards or backwards with just rudders moving? I have also modded the deck height at the stern ? funnels are not in the right place and inside is full  strong fixed bar with tow rope attached (No winch) last time pull was ?2lbs and a bit  did try to load photo on here but something up and I have put my own name on it (Ordinary Man) Ill let you know and NOT built in Hull built in (Rugby) by me? hopefully asap trying to view the club and if possible bring tug with brother and friend as we are trying to make a team (maybe) good hunting to all and most of all no matter any rules have fun with your boats No matter what Roy

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2018, 05:01:03 pm »

Hi Yoshic48   yes 16th September for the Svitzer event come along with your team, you can lone a tug if you are not happy with your own, or we can put you in another team with people that have done it before but please come and enjoy  your selves
 John.

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »

Hi Yoshic48   yes 16th September for the Svitzer event come along with your team, you can lone a tug if you are not happy with your own, or we can put you in another team with people that have done it before but please come and enjoy  your selves
 John.
Hi (Poll) yes Thanks for the invite I have replied by butting into (Butts) ha ha  ha  well I have been in contact with him for awhile so yes I will bring my tug so (comments can be made) but I wont take offence at anything will be bringing my brother and our joint friend Graham? An WE are still learning the trade of Towing ( but not modling?)  I have asked (Butts) to send reply but think we have it sorted will try to get there ?? around 10.30AM? but will probably be late as coming from (Rugby Town ) in the midlands and possibly have to leave reasonably early as to get back?? its a bit of a (wreckie) to ask all the unanswered questions? from people who know? about these things ? like quick release ropes on the tow? as if the vessel being towed sinks in deep water? and does that mean it takes the (TUG) with it to the bottom? well would like to meet you as well as a lot of the other members? as Butts knows... my name Roy Thanks again have fun on the rope.

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2018, 03:20:45 pm »

Hi Roy. Yes we will be pleased to me you & your towing partners, you don't have to be here spot on 10.30 just take your time &get here safe.
Cheers.

John
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.