Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The BBC are looking for steam narrow boat models.....  (Read 1263 times)

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
The BBC are looking for steam narrow boat models.....
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:33:52 pm »

I have been talking to a lady from the BBC who is looking for any modellers with steam powered (or steam effect) narrow boats. Here is what she said:
"...we’re making a series of films for BBC Two about the history of England’s boats and our film focusses on the history of narrow boats. In one of the film’s sequences we want to replicate the steam power experiments which were done on the Ashby Canal in the 1850s. We thought it would be a nice idea to show steam power engineering using model steam boats. It would be good to see some narrow boat steam engine models as well as other model steam boats in all shapes and sizes. We’d like to have about 4 to 6 boats. Please do pass on this information to anyone of your contacts and if you have some sort of list, I’m more than happy to call them and see who’s happy to take part. It would involve a day’s filming at Shackerstone, in Leicestershire and we’re happy to sort out travel if they’re not from the area."
Just send me a PM if you are interested in more details.

GreenSteam

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: The BBC are looking for steam narrow boat models.....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:57:08 pm »

This is so cool!

I live in "Trumpet-stan," unfortunately, but please, make sure the "airing date" of the BBC show is well-publicized--hopefully we'll be able to view it on US-TV, or at least online.

GreenSteam
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.