Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another one saved billngs boats 586  (Read 1650 times)

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
another one saved billngs boats 586
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »

hi chaps just a up date on the us coastguard (billings boat 586) hull i got a while back, 1st pic is what i started with,,then waited till a damaged one  came on ebay  so 2 into 1 does go O0 ,,,, happy with the out come  still a  cpl, bits to  glue on  ..life belt and  ariel.  regards pat

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: another one saved billngs boats 586
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:01:57 am »

Lovely boat and a worthwhile save well done  :-)) I've also since noticed there is a seller on ebay selling new billings kits of these at £43.99 posted might just get one whilst they are cheap, is yours the 1/40 scale?

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:29:13 am »

hello  paul      on the box t says 1.20...73cm long  there are 2 of these boats by billings boats mine is the  586,the others a billings 100    both coast guards   the difference between them both might just be size and scale....the numbers on the roof were my idea and not on  the  plans  i just thought it looked better regards pad

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:28 am »

Ah that makes sense the one on ebay is the B100 1:40 and only 363mm hence why it's cheaper then  :-)) I won't be buying that it's a little too small for me RC wise although would still make a lovely static model, I will look out for a 1:20 scale one as that looks very nice and has certainly been worth saving what a great bargain from the boot fair to start with  ;) wonder if the wife fancies a wonder around local boot fair at the weekend 

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:08:09 pm »

The 1/40 makes a nice small RC model, I made one many years ago.
Used the motors and electronics from a couple of servos with a mixer for steering. I did replace the large feedback pot from the servo with a much smaller trim pot to set neutral, this saved space and weight. Four pencell nicads provided power and gave a reasonable sailing time. While not the fastest sailer it was convenient to carry in it's own little carrying case. Radio was a two channel 27MHz set. A friend built the Waveny class version and he fitted working rudders a swell.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.