Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe/Futaba FC16 Receivers?  (Read 1979 times)

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
Robbe/Futaba FC16 Receivers?
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:41 pm »

Hello all

I currently have the 40mhz Futaba FC16 with a FP-R118F receiver in one of my models but would like another receiver for another model and would like to know if there are any compatible ones out there or do I need to buy another FP-R118F?

Thanks

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
Re: Robbe/Futaba FC16 Receivers?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »

You don't need another FP-R118F, which is
  • single conversion
  • 8channel
  • PPM
  • Futaba
(The FC16 transmitter is capable of PCM and old style PPM up to 8-function)

How many functions (some times called channels) do you need?

I have a considerable quantity of 40MHz Futaba compatible receivers and crystal pairs, including Webra 6-ch nano, ideal for model submarines.These are being sold exclusively to model submariners on behalf of a modeller friend who now uses 2.4GHz in his trucks.

Corona synthesised receivers have a quick failsafe on all channels which I've long said is not ideal for subs.

< All manner of contact methods over to the left.

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »

You don't need another FP-R118F, which is
  • single conversion
  • 8channel
  • PPM
  • Futaba
(The FC16 transmitter is capable of PCM and old style PPM up to 8-function)

How many functions (some times called channels) do you need?

I have a considerable quantity of 40MHz Futaba compatible receivers and crystal pairs, including Webra 6-ch nano, ideal for model submarines.These are being sold exclusively to model submariners on behalf of a modeller friend who now uses 2.4GHz in his trucks.

Corona synthesised receivers have a quick failsafe on all channels which I've long said is not ideal for subs.

It's to go into a model submarine so need 4 channels minimum but 6 would be better, did have a search through some old posts and the corona receivers came up.

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:32:52 pm »

Corona, Webra, Dallasy, Cirrus and Fleet are best and I have all of those and compatible crystals.
Corona 40MHz synthesised ones are available from the HongKong Ebay shops, delivered in about 5 working days from rcecho. The 6-9ch is 1x2x 1/2 inch + pins. You can (1) disable failsafe on V2 or have (2) sustain or (3) all channel failsafe, programmed at bind. Don't forget you need a transmitter crystal.
My mention of Corona here was purely to see a clue what was happening on the red radio signal light . It was never going to be a factor in the fault.

But 40 MHz FM sets didn't disappear into a void and you find plenty of modellers still have the gear so spend a bit more time asking friends and looking on Ebay. There are bargains to be had. You can give me a bell by Sunday if you are stuck and I'm not making a penny by doing this. Contact details are found by hitting the left hand web link.
< All manner of contact methods over to the left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.