Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fly sky  (Read 2572 times)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
fly sky
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:33:39 pm »

Have a model fs CT6B 6 proportional channel very nice, BUT does anyone know if this is a full ranges set or because of its cheap price a indoor set only.. I ask as during sailing I have noticed that I am getting lots of modules turning on and off when range is anything away from shore.  batteries fully charged, suppression fitted, so only possibility (to me) is short range set.

Comments appreciated.

Bob

I will finish this model

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
Re: fly sky
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:59:27 pm »

Don't think it's a short range set or indoor only, I've got the Flysky FS-T6 only used properly for the first time today which uses the same receiver as yours and didn't get any problems even from 200 yards+ and others where around with there boats and had no conflicts,  I used to have the Flysky GT3C for my 1/8th car racing and had no issues at all and a lot of the racers use them now as they are great especially for the money.
It might be worth trying a spare receiver if you have one or at least make sure the receiver is in a good position and not too near other electrical items not trying to tell you what to do but its surprising how many people but the receiver as low as possible  {:-{

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:46:31 am »

looking at the set up, I don't think rx should be between the esc, not sure why I did it, also would I be correct in saying that as it is twin esc, the red wire should be removed from one of the plugs.  Going to look at moving the esc away from their current location.

I will finish this model

steamboat66

• Full Mayhemer
  • maybe it will float!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:18:17 am »

most people forget when using 2.4 GHz radio, that the antenna is short. this results in the antenna being placed to close to other electrical items. people also forget that range is much shorter on the surface than in the air. google the fresnel effect. the receiver antenna should be as high up in the model as you can get it. if that means that the whole receiver is somewhere up in the superstructure, then that's where it goes.

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:32:39 am »

Hi steamboat, thanks for the reply, been playing and now seem to have better results.  Was going to put esc nearer the stern but that put them behind the motors, then saw the bit about rx as high as possible so with a bit of juggling tired that and it seems to be better, also remembered to remove one red lead from esc dohh!!, need to utilise some extensions for rx so can move it away, it was surrounded by two esc and two switcher units

Cheers

Bob
I will finish this model

Stavros

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »

Definatly one red wire should be dissconected from one esc or damage will incur...unless it allready has done

Dave

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 02:01:24 pm »

Dave
Nope no damage all runs well, pheww

Bob
I will finish this model

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »

I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 04:59:36 pm »

Today, move rx to just under the bridge, and now how have at least a good 250m+ range more than enough, so happy chappy.  Thanks for the replies.

Bob

I will finish this model

Ron Rees

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 07:42:57 pm »

Hi Rob,

Just treated myself to a new Turnigy TGY-i10 R/C which I believe is also built by Fly-Sky. These are definately long-range radios, but do need the RX aerial set up properly. I put mine higher up in the hull as it also keeps it away from all the water slopping about(Joke really-but covered just in case). We have several of these and other similar radios in our club and as long as you think carefully about siting the RX we've had no problems, and we have a massive lake so really long distances are covered.

Ron.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 21 queries.