Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheddar Pelican etc- advice please  (Read 1575 times)

EJL

Cheddar Pelican etc- advice please
« on: May 01, 2017, 06:02:29 pm »

I hope this post does not offend the site rules. Please don't anyone offer to buy the following because at this point its not for sale I wont respond. (That may happen in the future)

I need to know what you experts think is a fair minimum price for a Cheddar Pelican steam engine with its associated cheddar horizontal boiler, condenser, gas tank, and electronic governing valve. If does not have the original boiler certificate however I understand that's not a problem with it being cheddar. It has been tested and runs well. Part of a deceased estate. It was in a Caldercraft Peggy Model (48 inch long)

Some guidance would be helpful because steam is well out of my area of expertise.  Are parts for this engine etc available if needed in the future.

Thank you.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Cheddar Pelican etc- advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:47:40 pm »

Well I paid £300 for mine but that was without the condenser, gas tank, and electronic governing valve. you could add on another £150 for those.
  but that is top dollar . take off the Ebay fees postage and packaging and for one in good condition say £375.Parts are still available from Clevedon Steam.      http://www.clevedonsteam.co.uk/products.html#New%20Clevedon%20Steam%20Plants
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Cheddar Pelican etc- advice please
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:40:12 pm »

Better this link.  http://www.clevedonsteam.co.uk
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.