Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner's Programmable Sound Module & Amp?is it the best for RC Tugs?  (Read 5775 times)

Tug Captain

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Hi Steve,

one thing to consider when planning your model is that you must have a radio system that  can handle the functions you want to include. Motor forward/ backwards, rudder left/right (or backboard/starboard) and sound on/off can easily be handled with a inexpensive  four channel radio. If you however want additional functions such as working radar, deck lights, navigation lights, lights in the deck- and/or wheelhouse, anchor handling etc etc you need a more expensive set-up.

In my diesel tug, based on a kit (Portgarth) from MMM in the UK I have all of the above functions plus some more and I have a radio with 12 channels and use them all.

Another thing to keep in mind: with many functions in the model you are likely to need some sort of power distribution board to provide the right voltage to the various "gadgets". As example the radar is running on 3 V and the main motors on 12 V so I have a board from which I get 3V, 5V, 6V and 12 V.

I think it might be rather tricky to add several functions to a  Carson model - aren't they rather prefabricated and "ready to run"?

So unless you find someone to build your model I suggest you check out sites like e-bay, the buy/sell part of the Modelboatmayhem etc and see if you can buy a model that already contains the functions you want.

Claes

rctugman

• Shipmate

:-)) Good Day Claes
Good to hear from you again.I appreciate very much your input,which is most helpful
To answer your points Yes I would very much like as many functions as possible,Am aware I need a transmitter with plenty of channels.and for sure I need someone with the skills to build it for me.
I think you are quite correct about the CARSON New-Castle Tug re room inside.

As I mentioned earlier Pierre Dippel upgraded a Southampton Tug with a lot of wonderful functions, I am trying to contact him for more information on his great tug.

I am not quite ready to buy Claes, but should be in a month or two am just trying to put things in place at the moment.

If you or anyone else on mayhem know of someone with the know how, and skills to undertake the project then please pass on my details or PM me with details and I will contact them.

I have yet to see a tug boat on mayhem that fits the bill,but I keep looking.

all the best Steve :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

red181

• Full Mayhemer

Steve,
I have received the sound unit from mrrcsound  for my Crashtender, so will be installing very soon, Ill let you know how it gets on
Paul

rctugman

• Shipmate

:-)) Good day Paul
So good to hear from you, as things seem to have gone cold.I will look forward very much to hearing how the new sound unit functions.
I have just visited the site,sounds good, excuse the pun,so very interested how it compares the BAIER UNIT?
It would be great to nail down which of the units suggested to date comes out on top both sound wise and value for money?

As I have no chance to listen on the boating lake I rely mainly on feedback so please keep your views and opinions coming

Best wishes Steve :-) :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.