Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maccsteam  (Read 5867 times)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Maccsteam
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:54:45 am »

Good News! It appears that Maccsteam is making a come-back. http://maccsteam.com/

BM

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Maccsteam
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:07:47 pm »

Goodness....

This will be great news for prospective new boiler & gas tank customers  :-)).......

Welcome back Mr Abbott O0

Derek 
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:09:12 pm »

Ditto. Top man.

KBIO

• Full Mayhemer
    • http://modelismenavalvapeur.forumactif.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:20 pm »

Hello!
I thought that Pendleton took over when Mike retired.
It will be good to know the real story. ok2
Regards.

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:59:03 am »

A friend has just purchased a Pendleton boiler club inspector more than happy with the quality and standard of materials used full hydro and steam test undertaken and passed hope the statement with reference to inferior quality made by Maccsteam is clarified or removed it seems ill advised to me.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:00 am »

Aren't Maccsteam talking about copies and fakes purporting to be genuine Maccsteam?

"Please note that all genuine Maccsteam boilers and gas tanks bear the "Maccsteam" trademark and a boiler serial number stamped onto one end. If it doesn't have a Maccsteam stamp it isn't a Maccsteam boiler. There are a number of inferior copies currently being sold which do not appear to conform to the latest European Pressure Equipment directive and will therefore be difficult to insure or have re-tested."
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 10:30:28 am »

To clarify I have no issue with Maccsteam they produced a great product at a good price I might add that my friend who purchased the Pendleton boiler also owns a Maccsteam boiler.
My concern is that Pendleton boilers are very similar in design to Maccsteam and as a result of the statement above could be mistaken for the fakes mentioned in the comment.
I have no connection with either company and wish both all the best in their ventures. The more choice for model steamers the better in my view.

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 05:04:24 pm »

The problem with buying a commercial boiler is you have to rely on the person butting it together to use the proper materials and methods. I have seen some commercial boilers that I would not want to be around when they are operating, and others that I would be proud to own and operate (Maccsteam is defiantly in that group).
The problem with a homemade boiler is that you have to rely on the person butting it together to use the proper materials and methods. Again I have seen some that I ran the other way when they were going to fire it up. There have been a number of boilers that I have been asked to give my opinion on that I have said cut it in half with the band saw and them I will show you what I think is wrong with it. Then there are some that you look at and say lets find the boiler inspector and get it under steam.
Gerald.

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 07:40:55 am »

Both of the mentioned companies produce a high quality product which any model boater and club boiler inspector would be happy with. To suggest otherwise is at best misleading and possibly libelous.

southsteyne2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:00:27 am »

Hi all thought maybe a mention on Chinese boilers hoping to fill a niche but seems very little mention of materials used or safety certification maybe possible walking time bomb or should I say sailing {:-{
Cheers
John

jpdenver

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just an old fart.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 03:47:51 am »

One thing about this side of the pond is that we do not have any boiler regulations for models.

I have asked here in Denver and the only interest is in residential heating and water systems.

That being said - I have a MaccSteam in one of my crafts.  I love it. 

Can someone post the website for Pendleton Boilers?  I am not finding them from over here.

Thanks
Jim Pope
Denver
Son of a Son of a Sailor.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 08:08:38 am »

Maccsteam and Pendleton boilers appear identical. Perhaps a transfer of designs and rights between them?
BM

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 08:20:19 am »

One thing about this side of the pond is that we do not have any boiler regulations for models.

I have asked here in Denver and the only interest is in residential heating and water systems.

Can someone post the website for Pendleton Boilers?  I am not finding them from over here.

Thanks
Jim Pope
Denver

http://www.pendlesteamboilers.com
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 09:12:12 am »

Due to insurance regulations and standards set by organisations such as the Southern federation it is inevitable that boilers will look similar.
It is my understanding that there is no relationship between the two companies. Maccsteam did and Pendleton do produce boilers to the highest standard.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 03:23:54 pm »

Due to insurance regulations and standards set by organisations such as the Southern federation it is inevitable that boilers will look similar.
It is my understanding that there is no relationship between the two companies. Maccsteam did and Pendleton do produce boilers to the highest standard.

And going back to the first post in the thread Maccsteam will soon be doing so again.

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »

Thanks
Jim Pope
Denver
Hi Jim,
Have you checked Municipal, State and Federal Regulations.
I found a site through  http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=8141  that lists state codes  http://www.stateboilerlaws.com/
Also although your State may not require boiler inspection, your insurance company may be something elese.
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer

bigste

• Shipmate
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 09:16:38 am »

The word is that Maccsteam has been sold on to someone who has yet to make his first boiler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.