Mess Deck: General Section > Full Scale Ships

HMS Queen Elizabeth

(1/39) > >>

Colin Bishop:
Can people keep their ears to the ground re the arrival of the QE at Portsmouth?

Watching her come through the entrance will be quite a sight and I would very much like to see it.

I would imagine that her arrival would be timed during daylight and at high tide to reduce the likelihood of problems.

Colin

unbuiltnautilus:

Ears to the ground sir...although all those ears are picking up is stories of delays, mechanical problems and build quality issues. The latest talks of paint falling off the ships sides due to poor quality control cleaning up weld lines. Now this could just be sour grapes from the local lads after all the major work was sent to Scotland, but when you hear it from so many sources, you do begin to wonder who is responsible for this stupidity!
Now that Bae Systems have snuffed out the residual skill sets that were inherited from Vospers and their work force, it seems we are having our multi-billion pound 'strategic assets' built by that welder from down the pub that can sort your car out. A bit strong, I know, but when well thought out defence planning and strategy is replaced with gold plated contracts, that serve only big business and industry. it makes me just that little bit >>:-( .....

Sorry about letting this fella  >>:-( out, but it is either him, or  <:( , and that is just depressing

derekwarner:
A little off location but........

multi-billion pound $ 'strategic assets' built by that welder from down the pub

However that's how our OZ warships are built.........yes from daily Labour Hire Companies....... >>:-(

eg., posted at the local Hotel Notice Boards ......31.05.2017....Shipyard Labour Requirements ....

"two pressure ticketed welders, six licenced electricians, one hydraulic engineer, two qualified weapons planners"

Interested applicants should apply at the Shipyard gates at 0600 with Trade Certificates, Australian Government Birth Certificate, Government Security Clearances etc...etc......

NB.......this is for 31.05.2017 only, work vacancies  for the next day 01.06.2017 will be advertised tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would politicians  :kiss: like it if their Office Staff were hired on a similar system <*< %% ................

Derek

BrianB6:
No wonder our new LHD's are in dock already! >>:-(

Brian60:
Sometime after WW2, the governments of the world lost control of their own countries and big business took over the reigns in pursuit of bigger and bigger profits. Sadly the world has gone downhill ever since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version