Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Mayhem at Wicksteed !

Mayhem 2018 Theme builds

(1/4) > >>

Klunk:
This will be the thread to post in with details of your Builds from the designs of Glynn Guest and Vic Smeed. You can super detail or build as original.
ask any questions about the themes here as well.

Martin (Admin):

raflaunches:
Well after some thought I have decided on my build for the Vic Smeed/Glynn Guest Theme for next year.
After skimming through some old copies of Model Boats magazines I found an old Glynn Guest build of something that incorporates my hobby and my job into one...

and the model is...................Empire Jubilee CAM Ship in 1/144 scale.

I've just bought the plans and awaiting the envelope to arrive soon! :-))

tonyH:
And, from the other end of the spectrum, a reduced Vic Smeed Spurtster for twin Chinese mini jet drives instead of the Taplin Twin version!

Tony

ballastanksian:
My entry will be HMS Penelope built from the plan by Glynn Guest. It will be a mix of hull as per the plan with card superstructure and detailed weapons etc. I will build it to 1:96th scale, so may be a two part hull.

It mixes my desire to have a Cruiser model and the intention to try my hand at a Glynn Guest design. Had I not seen Mark's model of HMS Suffolk at Wicksteed the other weekend, Mr Guest's latest plan of the Nomad would have been a cert'.

Chris Drage's dioramam of HMS Penelope made the decision even more exciting when I saw the colour scheme she wore for a few weeks in 1940.

White and Brown, Oh yes  8) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version