Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model boating on Hayling Island  (Read 2376 times)

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Model boating on Hayling Island
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:00 pm »

Hi all,

We are possibly moving to Hayling Island this year and was wandering if there are any suitable ponds or clubs in the area?

Many thanks
Dale. 

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Model boating on Hayling Island
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:52 pm »

Well, you can't get much closer then the Hayling Island Model Boat Club (of which I am  a member).  We sail twice a week at the Mill Rythe Holiday Village (their old boating lake, but H&S and the almost exclusively crusty clientele has put paid to that).  Whether it is "suitable" or not is up to you!  It is a pretty small club, and has suffered a few losses in the last couple of years, so would welcome some new blood.  We don't organise formal competitions although we have some informal sailing races once a month (Victorias and DF 65s)and a rather irresponsible electric powered charge around the buoys (not at the same time!).  No real rules, but nobody's been sunk  - yet!  No IC and no proper Fast Electric, but other than that we have a pretty broad spread of boat types.  When you get here, give me a shout and you can come and see if it appears "suitable"!

Greg

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:11 pm »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply, it sounds perfect. I will definitely be in touch if/when the house purchase goes through.
What days do the club meet?

Thanks
Dale.

stuart22

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »

Hi Dale
Also Portsmouth & District model power boat club which I am a member, Canoe lake at Southsea we sale on a Sunday morning.

Stuart.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:16:12 pm »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply, it sounds perfect. I will definitely be in touch if/when the house purchase goes through.
What days do the club meet?

Thanks
Dale.

Sunday mornings and for most of the year Thursday mornings (plus the occasional family day and evening sail). However, for a short period in the summer (now) we shift to Friday afternoons as that is changeover day at the holiday camp and is much quieter.  Hope the move goes well!

Greg

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:25:42 pm »

Hi Dale
Also Portsmouth & District model power boat club which I am a member, Canoe lake at Southsea we sale on a Sunday morning.

Stuart.

Hi and thanks for the reply Stuart, i did pick up a leaflet from the show at Sumners Ponds at the weekend, great display from you guys  :-))

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »

Sunday mornings and for most of the year Thursday mornings (plus the occasional family day and evening sail). However, for a short period in the summer (now) we shift to Friday afternoons as that is changeover day at the holiday camp and is much quieter.  Hope the move goes well!

Greg

Great thanks Greg, yep fingers crossed on the move. did i see a post that mentioned you building a Legend Miss Severn? She is top of my wish list!! How's she coming on?

Dale

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 10:05:19 pm »

Slow and steady.  I have just got going again on her after a long fallow period.  The hull is complete and I am on to doing seats.  Probably a little way off completion as I am about to start a J class model.  So many boats, so little time... :embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.