Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > The "Black Arts!" ( Electrics & Electronics )

wiring two ESC to three motors

(1/4) > >>

Paul Swainson:
I wish to wire three drive motors to two ESC.  One ESC has the ability to take two motors with cooling fan.  This would be wired to both outer drive motors.  The centre motor would be wired up to the same type of ESC but is for a single motor.  I have an Action mixer (p40) which takes three motors and the rudder.  This has a set connection for three ESC and rudder.  As I am using a dual ESC and a single ESC would it be better to wire the three motors together and use just one side of the ESC dual unit.

Peter:
Hi Paul,

Email sent re this question.

Peter

Paul Swainson:
Thanks Peter,

Will read and study.

RAAArtyGunner:

--- Quote from: Peter on June 16, 2017, 01:57:02 pm ---Hi Paul,

Email sent re this question.

Peter

--- End quote ---

:o :o :o

And the answer is ?????????

Paul Swainson:
It was pointed out that if I was going to use the P40 mixer it would be better to wire the port and starboard motors in the  following way.

Each of these motors should be wired one to each of the two ESC.  This would allow for each motor to be controlled by the mixer when rudder operations come into play.  The centre motor should be wired to the ESC which can take two motors.   By having one ESC controlling two motors through the mixer you will get was is known as tank steering.

After much thought I am thinking of wiring the ESC with two connections to the outer motors.  The centre motor will be wired through the single ESC.  As I have a 6 channel transmitter connected to a four channel set Iwill use the speed control for the outer motors on the left stick up and down and the rudder on the same stick left to right.  The centre will be on the right stick up and down, leaving the left to right for a lift operation or lighting.  No mixer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version