Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter.  (Read 1839 times)

CoxswainKev

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter.
« on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:28 pm »

Hello everyone! As a recent convert from aircraft to boats I have a pair of Aurora 9 transmitters and associated Minima and Optic receivers. Setting them up for aircraft is straightforward but I am finding great difficulty in setting up the TX for a Metcalf Mouldings Waveney lifeboat. I have used Action Electronics components (ESC, power distribution board, fuse board) all the latest spec. running two 550 size motors. The motors start of their own accord and are virtually uncontrollable. I have the system set up as mode 4 i.e. one motor will slow down on rudder input. This appears to work but the motors will not run slowly. I think it is the TX set up that is causing the problem. Is anyone else using Hitec gear successfully and how have you set it up?

tony52

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:09:11 am »

I had problems with a Hites Optic 6 and the Minima receivers, more a problem the receiver didn't work. After carrying out some research it was discovered that the firmware needs updating. This is done by the use of a HPP-22 which connects to the pc/laptop. After the updates were installed all problems were resolved.

I am not sure if this is your problem but it is worth researching. I think the model aircraft sites are more aware of the issues.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=100763

CoxswainKev

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:46:13 pm »

Thanks Tony, I have an HPP-22 and I'll try the upgrade. I did have a problem with the LH stick spring tension being non existent after taking the ratchet off. I took the back off and the stick centring spring fell out! One problem solved but I'm still getting intermittent motor operation with the throttle off when the rudders are operated. I think a call to Action Electronics is in order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.