Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DJI Phantom 2 v2.2. Drone  (Read 3230 times)

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
DJI Phantom 2 v2.2. Drone
« on: June 20, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »

DJI Phantom 2  v2.2.

Anyone fly one of these.

Here are the specs of the one I am looking at.

But seems due to all the bits it has to carry the total flying time is 16 mins ..
Is this long enough for a general flight ?

Any here are the specs 

DJI Phantom 2 v2.0
Fully kitted out with Live video feed to the controller, has the excellent Zenmuse H3-3D stabilised gimbal fitted and has the brilliant Gopro hero 3+ black edition included for excellent results.

It has an immersion RC 600mw video transmitter fitted for long range transmission and this is fitted with a Fat shark omni directional higher gain antenna.

The controller has a Flysight black pearl monitor fitted with the latest folding sunshade.

As it has dual 5.8ghz recievers and 32 channels it has twin antenna mounts on top of monitor and there is a fat shark omni directional antenna to match the one on the video transmitter on the drone and also a 5 turn helical directional antenna for solid video at extended distances.

The monitors inbuilt diversity reciever will auto switch between antennas to get the best signal.

This comes with all original boxes and 2 sets of propellers one of which have never been out of the box.

This drone has the heads up display module already fitted to give you live flight data and heading to find back to home if orientation is lost.

As with all Phantoms this drone has auto return to home and land so if connection is lost it will fly back to land at its take off point.
This drone includes all chargers etc so is all you need to get flying and capturing great aerial footage in a single kit.

I have flown this out to 997m during testing and it is faultless in its reliability.

Three flight batteries are included to keep you flying longer.
This is a very capable machine that has done some epic flights.
I am happy to demonstrate it flying etc as it has never been crashed or abused.

So what would you think was a fair price to pay for this drone   ????
b

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: DJI Phantom 2 v2.2. Drone
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:17:59 pm »

Assuming you are in the UK then you can't use this legally. The maximum power for video transmission is 25mW not 600mW. Also if flown to just under 1000m you are beyond line of sight and breaking the law. The CAA drone code is not just rules but actual law and people have been prosecuted for breaking the rules.
My problem is that I am an active RC flyer who is concerned that inconsiderate drone flyers are likely to lead to restrictions on real model flying as well as drones. (I don't class much of these as flying as the flight controller is in real control not the flyer who needs no flying skill.)

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:42:30 am »

Well thanks for the information.

Looks like that has saved me a whole lot of trouble.
Thanks again

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »

Assuming you are in the UK

Well we don't know as Sonar has omitted to add his Location in his Profile,.....Please MR Sonar.

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:58:58 pm »

Yes uk

Just seen one of these dji phantoms take off..

Right up to 100 mtrs in seconds if that.
In the blink of an eye.

No runway and it started up hovered then in a flash was gone
The guy whom owns it is a pro photographer.
And uses it for his work.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 10:02:18 pm »

Y

No runway and it started up hovered then in a flash was gone
The guy whom owns it is a pro photographer.
And uses it for his work.
Hopefully he has taken and passed the course and got a licence to use it commercially. (Costs around £2000 to £3000 and each flight needs a full written risk assesment)
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07:47 pm »

I have a Dji Phantom version 1 with a GH3 panasonic camera attached faultless flights and never had a fly away to date.
Very stable platform for getting drones but like anything you get what you pay for.

Look into your local flying club as i have my BMFA A certificate for quadcopters, also be very careful where you film as some people do get very funny about them.

Fly it enjoy it (im currently on a DJI S900 airframe thats going to be awesome for boat filming on the lake) .

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:24:14 pm »

Hopefully he has taken and passed the course and got a licence to use it commercially. (Costs around £2000 to £3000 and each flight needs a full written risk assesment)
Jim

%%

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 07:38:37 am »

As a professional I would have thought he would have will the paperwork in place to use it for his business.

Do std drones have to have certs and paperwork ?

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:27 am »

Don't need that much to drive a car!!

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »

As a professional I would have thought he would have will the paperwork in place to use it for his business.

Do std drones have to have certs and paperwork ?
There are probably more "professionals" who ignore the rules than those who are licenced, most think that the law doesn't apply to them as they are not a big company.As far as consumer drones most of the buyers don't know about the rules or don't care. At the most they  have a link to the rules in very small print in the instructions and the sellers probably don't know anything about rules as well.
The current CAA rules (which apply to fixed wing and helicopters as well) do state that the pilot must make sure that the flght can be made safely before taking off.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:42 pm »

The companies I know whom he has worked for would require a full risk and method statement along with insurance details and a price for the works..

A start date and time and an end time and date.

Some sort of report on the  m and E  items he would use to carry out the works Test certs ect..

So Yes I guess Kevin does it all right...

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »

I have a Syma x8ch quite large at 500mm x 500mm  it's a cheap one around £70 new, fairly modest range at 100yds but dose have altitude hold that works very well, it also has a modest camera but not FPV, but only has 10min flight time with camera on,    like Jim says I try my best to fly somewhere quiet I really don't want to endanger or annoy anyone.

Joe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.