Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microcat 2.4Ghz Conversion - How to retain original functionality  (Read 4066 times)

Newbs666

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Hi to all,

I am looking at converting a Microcat Mark 1 to 2.4Ghz, I have been in contact with Action Electronics and they have supplied me the following list of parts required and a wiring diagram:

2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver
P92 Power Distribution Board
P94 Dual ESC/Mixer
Custom Diode Board

I'm happy with this and understand what is required but I have the following questions if anyone can help:

1. The bair boat currently has 6 LED lights......how would this be wired into the 'new' electronics and retain the original functionality of the rear LED's flashing when the hoppers are released?

2. The bait boat has twin hoppers and operate via memory metal wire which when powered increases in length and releases the hooper catch mechanism. Action Electronics have told me I would need to use a P44 Twin Relay switch...could this be configured to open both hoppers simultaneously or would it be limited to opening one side at a time?

3. If I wanted to replace the memory metal mechanism with servo's does anyone have any experience of this and how the servo's are mounted and an additional parts which would be required. I am assuming these would both plug straight into the receiver but as a pair into one channel or two separate channels?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Stavros

Re: Microcat 2.4Ghz Conversion - How to retain original functionality
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »

As i have repaired many of these ...yes the twin switcher will either operate one or both the hoppers....you need to replace all the leds and rewire new ones your blue hopper release leds can be wired in.....i have never bothered to replace the existing hopper release mech.....if it aint broke dont fix it........sorry if i offend you with the next sentence but please dont ask how as i repair them and charge and give a 12mnth warranty on my work....

Dave

Newbs666

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Microcat 2.4Ghz Conversion - How to retain original functionality
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:38:30 pm »

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the information, I'm not at all offended by your last comment as repairing these is your livelyhood.

Pm Sent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.