Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One for the Scottish members  (Read 2851 times)

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
One for the Scottish members
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:47:01 am »

We have been asked by the SHPS ( Scottish Haggis Protection Society)  to warn people about the dangers of Haggis Laying Season.
 The months of July and August are when Haggi are particularly dangerous, while protecting their newly hatched Hagglets.
 If you spot a brood while you are out and about exploring , please do KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE!
 Coastal Haggi can be particularly vicious and give you a Nasty peck, they are very fast swimmers. But the worst ones are the rarely seen Galloway Belted Haggi , they live in the hills and can run particularly quickly for the species . Also watch out now for Urban Haggi that due to changes in modern agricultural practice , come into the town's and villages to look for turnips, ( their favourite food) .
 There are many rumours that Avon 'skin so soft' is a good Haggi Repellent - THIS IS NOT TRUE , Every one locally knows the only thing that keeps them way is if you suck plenty of Moffat Toffee or play loud Bagpipe music!
 PLEASE DO BE CAREFUL
 ( pictured below , a very rare photo of a Carsphairn grey with her litter of Hagglets)

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: One for the Scottish members
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:32:10 am »

Hi Brian
And I was told that Haggis lived under Kilts !!!!!!

Canabus

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:54:58 pm »

Hi Brian
And I was told that Haggis lived under Kilts !!!!!!

Canabus
thats just a rumour that scotsmen tell the young ladies in the hope of persuading them to take a peek.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

Grendl!!!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! %) %)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »

May I just mention, the exquisite Arran Brindle, the succulent flavour of which has to be tasted to believed, It has been passed down since time immemorial that King Somerled, before his downfall, was an avid breeder of the wee beloved beastie and one day he stumbled across a couple mating one day by the side of a burn. The pair were a Blue Double-Ringed Skye cock (as usual, bearing the one testes) and a blushing wee Large-Lipped Ecclefechan hen. The pairing of this couple produced a strain of the most delicate nature and sweet-tasting meat, never to be wasted on unbelievers of the existence of our National Beast - which is just as well, as it means more for us Jocks.

**Did you know, the finest Haggis are those fed on the heather of Scottish battlefields as it is lore that the blood-soaked earth produces the finest growth to nourish our herds? Aye.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »

Personally I'd prefer a Bridie any day

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 04:08:31 pm »

But the worst ones are the rarely seen Galloway Belted Haggi , they live in the hills and can run particularly quickly for the species .
Not a problem, as they have evolved to live on the side of Scottish mountains the legs on one side are shorter than the other side. If you find yoursaelf being chased all you need to do is revesre direction and the haggis will then fall over.
There are many rumours that Avon 'skin so soft' is a good Haggi Repellent - THIS IS NOT TRUE , Every one locally knows the only thing that keeps them way is if you play loud Bagpipe music!
This is definately fake news, Haggi are in fact attracted to pipe music. A good Pibroch is the preferred lure for all good Haggis hunters.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:39:30 pm »

Reminds me of a Wicksteed weekend many years ago!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 09:37:22 pm »

Aye," Lament for the children" would do me fine. incidentally haggis was popular in England long before it went north over the border, nemesis

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:01:34 pm »

incidentally haggis was popular in England long before it went north over the border

Aye, that's true - they couldnae understand a word of Geordie! %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.