Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electric speed contoller recomendations  (Read 2318 times)

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
electric speed contoller recomendations
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »

hi folks
just wondering if any of you could help me out, currently using a 6vlt ESC in my Southampton tug, with the battery being 7.2vlts I'm looking for a slightly bigger esc, thinking maybe mtronik viper 20?? obvs needs to power dual 280 motors..

any advice would be great
Danny
happy boating :D

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: electric speed contoller recomendations
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 09:39:31 pm »

my friend was telling me about two that he bought off component shop a few weeks ago. had always used electronise before but was recommended two ACTION ESC'S.............. and he said he has never used better ones for the control they give...........showed me the response of the propellers...........that is what he would recommend. ACTion from component shop.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:12:19 pm »

my friend was telling me about two that he bought off component shop a few weeks ago. had always used electronise before but was recommended two ACTION ESC'S.............. and he said he has never used better ones for the control they give...........showed me the response of the propellers...........that is what he would recommend. ACTion from component shop.

Jim.

hi jim, funny enough the one I'm using is an electronize ESC, would you happen to know what ACTion ESC he is using? may have a look on component shop
happy boating :D

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:43:02 pm »

P80's which don't have BEC  capabilities.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:29:46 pm »

I don't know of any Electronize ESC that has a limit of 6 volts, all that I have seen are quite capable of 12 volts, so a step up to 7.2 is no problem.  I've never seen one rated for less than 10 amps, either, so a pair of 280's should be well within its capability.
If it is a non-BEC type, and your current setup runs everything on 6 volts, just get a UBEC to derive 5 volts for the radio, servo and ESC control section from the 7.2 volt battery.  Much like post#6 in http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6169.0.html

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:47 am »

Danny, the voltage range is 2 to 24volt with minimum input=6volt using bec

All you need to bother about when you upgrade to 2.4GHz is the speed range needs readjusted
The Schrack relay coil voltage is of no concern, which you acknowledged on your post, one month ago.
< All manner of contact methods over to the left.

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 04:57:37 pm »

Hi Danny. You will not go wrong if you go for Microgyro speed controllers I would say the Microgyro speedos would cover  any range of motor.

John      Poll

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 11:41:59 pm »

Every brand of ESC has its own band of enthusiasts. I would recommend mtronics if you must have a waterproof one, otherwise buy Action, superb, reliable and great help from them if you need it, including wiring diagrams, and repairs if you do something daft as we all do sometimes.
Chas

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 12:21:25 am »

Every brand of ESC has its own band of enthusiasts. I would recommend mtronics if you must have a waterproof one, otherwise buy Action, superb, reliable and great help from them if you need it, including wiring diagrams, and repairs if you do something daft as we all do sometimes.
Chas
Chas, you just posted half an hour ago (link) an important issue about poor radio contact with 27 & 40mHz use in submarines.
Many in the sub community (and sub kit manufacturers too) can affirm my website claim of
  • excellent microprocessor-based poor radio response
solves that important issue where others even claiming to have a glitch filter can not cut it in the same regard. That's one way of building up a band of enthusiasts with no advertising.
These enthusiasts now have  their own Facebook dive-in board. Why don't you ask them if I'm just making this up?
< All manner of contact methods over to the left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.