The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Mascotte Bristol channel pilot cutter

(1/2) > >>

bbdave:
This landed on my bench this week some bits have been done by the previous owner.
 Today I removed  the port deck support as it was about 2mm lower than the starboard side luckily it was glued in with contact adhesive as per the instructions so easy to remove.
I have epoxied it back in cut the waterways out given the outside a rub down and a quick paint, then marked the waterline and did the initial ballasting.
Tomorrow I'll cut a new sub deck glass in the lead shot and think about how to mount the mast as the fwd. bulkhead has been installed smack on the mast centre <:( .

SailorGreg:

--- Quote from: bbdave on July 20, 2017, 09:50:52 pm ---
Tomorrow I'll cut a new sub deck glass in the lead shot and think about how to mount the mast as the fwd. bulkhead has been installed smack on the mast centre <:( .

--- End quote ---

Well, "tomorrow" has been and gone - have you made progress or are you still puzzling over how to fit the mast?  (I assume the mast is keel stepped and the bulkhead is exactly where the mast should go.  Three possible solutions - 1.  Cut the bulkhead out and reposition, 2.  cut the mast short and step it on the deck, and 3.  cut a slot in the bulkhead to allow the mast into position, and reinforce the bulkhead with a U-shaped channel which bridges the gap and encases the mast.)

Please don't keep us in suspense!   %%

Greg

xrad:
one good pop with the hammer will knock out the forward bulkhead......it does not look like it is fixed strongly...at least in the pre-shot-glassing pics..

dreadnought72:
Then again, a few mm to the rear (i.e. held in place against the bulkhead) isn't going to make a noticeable difference. Do, however, bond that bulkhead in properly and Bristol-(pilot cutter)-Fashion.  :-))

Andy

Pembroke sailor:
Does anyone have the construction manual for Kingston Mouldings Mascotte? I have a fibreglass hull and the original plan. Thank you. If it helps, I could borrow, copy and return the manual. I would be happy to pay or donate to a charity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version