Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marine engineer takes retirement.  (Read 1784 times)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
Marine engineer takes retirement.
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »

A marine engineer retires to the countryside

One day he's passing the blacksmiths shop and he sees the smith making horseshoes. "I can do that, " he told the smith. When he got home, the engineer made four horseshoes in his little workshop. The blacksmith is impressed. Each edge is milled , each hole is perfectly drilled, the finish is immaculate and all four shoes are identical. He tells the engineer to fit shoes to a horse while he goes home for lunch.

When the smith returns, the shoes are fitted, each one set dead centre, each nail trimmed and polished. "That's a great job you've done there, couldn't do better myself, only , why is the horse upside down?" "No idea,", said the engineer, "He's been like that since I took him out of the vice".  :D

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Marine engineer takes retirement.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »

Love it .👍👍👍👍

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Marine engineer takes retirement.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »

Talking by e-mail to an old marine engineer mate up in Newcastle [Australia]...he is past it now  :kiss:...retirement age I mean O0

So I suggest to him that still working and making more money isn't everything and apart from that...money is not negotiable upstairs [with you know who]

Smart ar*e comes back & suggests that with the speed of my building   <*<  I had betta book a room with a an adjoining pool  {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.