The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Building the FV "Mady Jeanne"

(1/125) > >>

missyd:
So there it is my next building blog!!! Hope you'll like it as the other two blogs.
The hull I build is basically the one from "Princesse Loane" fishtrawler from brittany. I downloaded the plans some time ago and a friend of mine printed it out with his plotter as a gift. But I will at least have three times the sections of the plan like it would be in a real ship. I build it as a wooden hull and not as a steel hull. I'd like to include all steel nails in the planks. The wheelhouse and fishing equipment will be a mix of italian elegance and the rugged equipment for fishing on the atlantic ocean.

She will be named "MADY JEANNE" in honor of my mom who died in 2015...

So today I started to made the neccessary changement on the keel. Yes it looks like a castle but actually I've seen it in a video from a werft in brittany.
I will made the keel out of oak. The red lines show the actual position of the sections. Sections will be 12mm thick spaced 12mm apart. This will result in a ultraheavy hull. Maybe I will leave out every other section ... we'll see.

So thats all for the moment. Hope it wont take so much time to finish it like the N. Loradana ....

Big Ada:
Looking forward to this Build, will it be a Static or are you going to make it Work?.

Regards,

Len.

missyd:
Len .... it will be made to withstand the roughest seas on the lake. I'd like to have a safe plattform to put the GoPro camera on and attack these big waves!!!!
... and I will add some features ...
Fwd/Rev
L/R Rudder
Lights
Waterpump
Enginesound
Netwinches/Trawldoors (maybe?)

Capt Podge:
Well, you certainly do pick some interesting boats to model and I'm sure this one will be a winner too. :-)

Good luck with the build Danielle. :-))

Regards,

Ray.

MikeK:

--- Quote from: Capt Podge on July 27, 2017, 09:13:35 pm ---Well, you certainly do pick some interesting boats to model and I'm sure this one will be a winner too. :-)

Good luck with the build Danielle. :-))

Regards,

Ray.

--- End quote ---

Second that !  O0 :-))

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version