Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mersey meets Mersey.  (Read 3155 times)

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Mersey meets Mersey.
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:29:27 pm »

Hi Guys,
Well, Finally got to take my own scale Mersey Class over to visit its Mum. 12-26 Moira Barrie.

Barmouth RNLI held an open day on Sunday 30th July, and our club, Chasewater MBC were invited to attend and put on a small model boat stall, including my scale version.
Well what a great day we all had, there were some cake and drinks stalls too, but between us all we managed to raise £1777 in donations.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Mersey meets Mersey.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:32:31 pm »

Hi Steve,
What a great result - well done. I'm sure they appreciate the funds raised.
Charlie

Canterbury Coxswain

• Full Mayhemer
  • Is there anything other than lifeboats and yachts?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:36:49 pm »

Steve,
Really like the shot from down below and looking up at both - does you proud - a very neat and accurate looking model. Like Charlie says, you have done the RNLI proud and I am sure they appreciate all the efforts that you and your fellow Club members have put in.
I will reply to your PM later this evening. I can help and will give you the details. Looks like another good project for you.
Kim
Canterbury Coxswain

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 08:47:25 pm »

Thanks for your comments guys, all of us that were there, including all the RNLI volunteer staff, just could not believe the count up, we opened at 10am and closed the doors at 4pm. they had a count of all people that boarded the ILB to look inside at that surmounted to 400 people alone.  This was the first year we as a club have attended the event/venue, but there were only two of us there, but to be honest, any more in number inside the station and you would be struggling, especially as you have to leave a lot of area clear....just incase the get a call and the ILB has to move out so to speak.

YES, I love the "up shot", it was the only way I could think to get  a good perspective image of both boats, I thought about sitting mine on the deck....but na. this is way better.

* On a side note...the little blue tractor proved the best attraction to the stand, as voted by all under 8's !!
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:08:08 pm »

So...Went and collected a "project", Supposed to of been 75% complete...ah well win some loose some, but at least the basics are here, but LOADS to sort out, plus a taymar to complete before i touch this one. LOL.

* Have to attach the reversers to the jet drives, [still in box- owner could not get to operate cleanly], esc's to swap out, as only 60amps fitted. reverser servos to install. battery box to increase....oh and took out 5.5kg of ballast, cant see need before fully fitted out as dont know its full dead weight before floating.*
But at least I got the plans as supplied by MBD [phew] so at least have some starting references to help.

please feel free to have a giggle :-)) :D
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

Canterbury Coxswain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:09 am »

Steve, someone's had fun building it, so far, and now you will give it the same treatment as your wonderful Mersey class; that's a recipe for success and we look forward to the eventual start of the Shannon build.
I 'burnt' my photos onto a DVD for you today and it will be sent to you 1st Class Mail, when I get to the Post Office on Monday, so could be with you on Tuesday. Thanks for the generous cheque for the RNLI, this and others will go to Dungeness RNLS's Open Day next Sunday.
Kim [C.C.]

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

Hi Kim,

thanks for the update and comments on this, er "shannon build". yep, like a challenge, well it saved me a bit of money of buying a new kit and drives, so you have to expect some issues. Ive ordered some replacement bowden cables, as these have solid wire inners and seem to be quite inflexible and "hold". Thats why the previous owner could not get the reverse buckets to work, so ive ordered some flexi wires jobs. plus set of hi torque metal gear servo's......purely for when i officially start the job of course !!
 :-))
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 01:51:19 am »

hi steve

glad you enjoyed lifeboat day i do 2 year Rhyl and Holyhead,  i got Rhyl current mersey and old rother  and i got Holyhead current seven and old arun

mine been to see her mum last Sunday got few pics,     also displayed my Trent from Fishguard

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 01:56:47 am »

here 4 out of lot more i took to rhyl last sunday

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 04:44:13 pm »

Thanks for sharing your pictures too, always great to see these on show. trouble was there were so many "open days" the past couple of weekends, you were spoilt for choice. maybe a cruise together one day when your club get their regatta back again. Such a pity to loose that superb pool behind the council offices.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 04:14:34 pm »

hi greg

we are still at the civic office lake,  we got weed issues at new one,    your welcome to come down anytime, we meet from 9am onwards on sundays    let me know i fetch the mersey,   minus the august bank holiday as i be in holyhead both days doing holyhead lifeboat day

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »

With great thanks to Andy & Debbie Griggs,  my 12-26 is now pictured on Models by design site, for the 1/12th Mersey too.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

Canterbury Coxswain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 06:40:02 pm »

Steve,
That's a great shot, most atmospheric with the lights and their reflections. Shows your model off well.
Kim
Canterbury Coxswain

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 11:42:38 am »

thanks Kim, took 3 passes across same area to get the water choppy, as it was only 14inches deep boating pool. LOL.  But yes, the pic came out great, one in a million as they say, but treasured for ever.
incidentally, found a company who would enlarge my Shannon plans to 1/12th, arrived back friday. Well impressed with results, and the line thickness not too much of an issue either, but the clarity is better than id expect from such a scale uppage on plans, Well done to "pro Copy of Chichester". I tried many places local to myself but no one was interested, so resorted to internet and this was one of the first on the google list. I did check some of the measurements out against the MBD hull and yep, spot on.

been doing some shopping for the build, and have ordered a micro linear actuator, thinks for the mast? and deffo for my Tamar mast.
Bought some 0.8mm graupner stainless steel flexi wire for the jet drive bowden cables, that should be more that flexi enough but still strong enough to handle the turning, but without the resistance if single core wire thats previously installed. Hopefully this will flex enough for the reversers too.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.