Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maggie M nav lights  (Read 1422 times)

MayJay

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Maggie M nav lights
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:32:22 pm »

Hi. I am building the Model Slipway 'Maggie M' and want to have working lights. It is the colour sequence on the funnel and mast that is causing me to scratch my head. The lights are mounted in pairs. The funnel has one pair facing astern (low on the mast) and one pair forward (higher). There are eight lights in total on the main mast all set on the forward face, four up top and four lower. Question?? what colour should each light be? I know that there are different combinations for making way, trawling etc. but which light is where. Have looked on the net but only single light combinations are shown. HELP!

Mayjay %)

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Maggie M nav lights
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:34:08 pm »

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »

Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »

Hi again,

I did build the Maggie a few years back and as always the MS kits are an excellent choice.
But I can't for life of me remember the light sequence on the mast, I think I represented them as being all clear/white. Some pics on Google show the Maggie with the later mast fit and the lights appear to be form the top a pair of green a pair of red a pair of green again followed by another pair of red!

If in doubt contact Laurie or Jackie direct at Slipway,  they are really really helpful people. They might even see your post!

UPDATE: It appears that the top mast light is always white with a green below that and white below that then red at the very bottom, I think the lights shown depend on what the vessel is doing, when trawling there is a white, green, white light sequence, viewable from all directions. Lights are in generally two different categories..........Navigation lights/steaming lights and work/duty lights.

Hope the above makes a some sense, given time there will no doubt be some more informative and knowledgeable info coming your way from these great people on mbm!

Cheers, Dave

Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.