Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logging Dozer Boat  (Read 2112 times)

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Logging Dozer Boat
« on: August 28, 2017, 05:44:57 pm »

Hi All,
Just finished a 1/16 scale logging dozer boat. Had it's water trails today and works very well, see pics.

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Logging Dozer Boat
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »

Very nice, have you a video of it working in the water.?.

Len.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:59 pm »

One of my interests is the history of forestry and its equipment so this is a treat.

Pond weed is your enemy

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:05:58 am »

They are used a lot on the Canadian west coast, I think they are nick named spin dizzies. They have even smaller ones build around the largest outboard motors available.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:02 pm »

...................... They have even smaller ones build around the largest outboard motors available.
Regards,
Gerald.

I am interested in this. I have seen Broncs that used old modest sized Red & Blue Band Mercury outboards (see the links below) but I have not seen any modern examples nor "the largest outboard motors available. The modern ones seem to have quite large diesels & outboard legs. Do you have any pictures or links of modern "large outboard" broncs?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnmarian.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F01%2Flog_bronc.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnmarian.com%2Fblog%2Fserendipity%2F&docid=row2ebJkZfdOZM&tbnid=Stmoc2CfqHQrQM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjX1-HKp__VAhVSKVAKHXWZDSUQMwgzKA4wDg..i&w=3264&h=2448&hl=en&bih=803&biw=1486&q=log%20bronc&ved=0ahUKEwjX1-HKp__VAhVSKVAKHXWZDSUQMwgzKA4wDg&iact=mrc&uact=8

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=161250

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »

It was several years back that I was investigating them and no longer have the photos, sorry
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 12:58:40 am »

Here are a few boom boats - can dig out others if you want more ideas - but all are pretty basic.
Ray Malone just ran one when he was over here - on his Facebook page.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:59:18 am »

Do you have any pictures of the modern "large outboard" Broncs that Steamboatmodel was referring to. I am familiar with the type that the photos above show & I am aware of the older Broncs that had outboard motors (I linked a blue band & a red band 40-50hp Mercury powered examples that are about the most modern outboard powered examples that I am aware of) but I am totally unaware of modern Broncs that are powered by the "largest outboard motors available". I am surprised that they exist because I suspect that the hardware used in these modern machine is a great deal more durable than an outboard motor.

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 01:21:55 pm »

The 40-50hp ones were what I had in mind when I made the description. I figured that they had continued in the same design and would still be using the Largest outboard motors available, Which was the 40-50hp ones when I was interested in them. Sorry if this has caused any confusion.
Gerald.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 06:57:07 pm »

I would call mine Caligula as they do look like little shoes. I could see a good contest coralling lengths of hazel stick with said models.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 22 queries.