Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: installing a turnigy reciever switch?? HELP!  (Read 1726 times)

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
installing a turnigy reciever switch?? HELP!
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »

evening all, after some advice from some fellow modellers on the site regarding receiver switches, i brought some turnigy switches. upon looking at the diagram it shows a BEC connected to the receiver, is this just a standard ESC?? iknow some ESC dont have BEC so may have to look at installing one if needed.. my question was originally i was planning on using my receiver battery pack to power the lights on one model, and 6v smoke unit on my other model.. do i now need to install another battery pack to power the switch unit, now taking my total to 3 battery packs?? or can i still work it though 2.. #1 for the esc and motor and the #2 for the receiver and potentially light and smoke unit.

many thanks for the help :) its greatly appreciated
happy boating :D

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
Re: installing a turnigy reciever switch?? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:18 pm »

picture on diagram included with the receiver switches

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:55 pm »

Yes just a standard ESC with BEC built in plug ESC into reciever as normal then plug switch into channel you want to control lights for me I used the gear channel on my DX6i switch then into lights flick gear switch and light came on.  My lighting is 6v and my ESC bec is 6ish.

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:17:09 pm »

Yes just a standard ESC with BEC built in plug ESC into reciever as normal then plug switch into channel you want to control lights for me I used the gear channel on my DX6i switch then into lights flick gear switch and light came on.  My lighting is 6v and my ESC bec is 6ish.

Ahhh many thanks for the reply, that's was a huge help. Which brings me to my next question, what if the esc doesnt have a BEC? I have seen some stand alone BEC's available.. also, one or two of the switches have a 0/1/2 position, can you program say one light to turn on in the 01 position, and another one to turn on in the 02 position??

Again many thanks

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:29:05 pm »

Dan in ans to your question yes you can have one light on 1 and another on 2    in Answer to your question about an Esc without Bec then you will simply have to put a Bec into it...ACTion sell a bec regulated board

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/p19-bec-1a-battery-eliminator.html

And simply connect this to your reciever...the power for this would of course come from you main batts

Hope this is of help to you

Dave

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:01 am »

Dan in ans to your question yes you can have one light on 1 and another on 2    in Answer to your question about an Esc without Bec then you will simply have to put a Bec into it...ACTion sell a bec regulated board

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/p19-bec-1a-battery-eliminator.html

And simply connect this to your reciever...the power for this would of course come from you main batts

Hope this is of help to you

Dave

Yes Dave it is a great help, I will keep you guys posted tomorrow and post on here as I go, just for anyone who's interested in the future

Thanks for all the help everyone, much love
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.