Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advise please brushless 56mm diameter motor, 6 pole, 93mm long, 1200KV,  (Read 1719 times)

Mustang

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

I am building a apache 57inch with a water jet system...my unit is running a
brushless 56mm diameter motor, 6 pole, 93mm long, 1200KV Please

I am more interested in longer run times with a scale look.  Could I run a 10000mah lipo 10c 4s in series?  Would the 10c discharge be to little?.....

thanks j

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: Advise please brushless 56mm diameter motor, 6 pole, 93mm long, 1200KV,
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:34:56 am »

Hi Mustang, rather than a 10c battery, I would think that you would need at least a 30c or better, the 'C' is about current delivery, have you thought about 2 or more 5000mah cells in parallel, same performance but a lot cheaper, also if a cell fails, you only replace 1 battery?

You mention using 4s, thats a lot of power, but still with a large boat like the Apache, you have the size to carry some weight!  what about 2s 30c 3800mah X 4 far less cost and again replaceable batteries, just one thing, fit low voltage buzzers to all the cells, if 1 goes flat first i could destroy the cell.

Just some alternative thoughts for you

Regards

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Mustang

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:20:44 am »

Hi mark, thanks for the advice.  do you think 3800 would give much run time with the  brushless 56mm diameter motor, 6 pole, 93mm long, 1200KV. This is my first go at electric I am finding it a bit confusing Etc....I have large petrol boats ...thought I would give electric a go.

Thanks    john

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:48 am »

Hi John, The first thing you need to buy is a watt meter, that will tell you the power your motor is taking under load, them assess what run time you want. Are you going to be screaming round all the time? or quick 3-4 minute spurts, who knows when you get on the water have a sail then stop and natter etc. Compare how you sail your other boats, 1 tank full and pack up or several half tanks, chat and discuss??  see what i mean?

Mark

Tugs are for pulling

Mustang

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:25 pm »

Mark...definitely not screaming around I like the scale look ,
I will have to get a few off these gadgets and learn how to use and read them :-))
Any experience of water jet systems?

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 12:40:16 pm »

That's a beast of a motor, peak amps is 290! At anything up to 12S. (assuming I've found the right one)

I like the Turnigy Multistar packs, they do 4S 20000mah(20ah!) ones, but they're 10c. You'd need two in parallel to give the required amp draw, however then you'd have 40ah capacity with 3.2kg of battery!

I think you'd be able to potter about at half throttle for at least an hour at that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.