Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

(1/18) > >>

kpnuts:

Hi all well it's arrived man it's huge here is a pic of the box

And just for size comparison here it is along side a calor gas fire

The instruction manual

It's really well packaged

And here is the Paul Koo upgrade kit

I'm not allowed to start it till my birthday on the 26th of next month though (although I wasn't allowed to open it then)

kpnuts:

Hi all well I've not actually started building it yet but I couldn't resist comparing it to the biggest scale I've built so far (1/6 bikes) these bikes are huge but putting the ducati crank case and gearbox along side it this is going to be enormous (baring in mind there are no cylinder heads or fuel intake on it) by the time I add those the engine will probably be twice this size.
I will probably being upsetting the purists among you as it won't be the box colours it will be a custom job.

ballastanksian:
It's your model so your rules  :-)) If you had some model engineering tools you could probably build working parts for the engine and gearbox at that scale! Am I right in thinking that some of the parts are Diecast?

tigertiger:
I will probably get accused of being a purist now, but I have never ever seen anyone custom paint a Ducati. Bear in mind that a Ducati is one of those bikes that aspires envy in non-owners, so as an owner you want nobody to be in any doubt as to what your bike is.
But as @ballstanksian said, it's up to you.

Fred Ellis:
How about doing it as a tri color model.??

The photo is of a 900ssie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version