Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW KIT FROM DEANS MARINE  (Read 3662 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
NEW KIT FROM DEANS MARINE
« on: September 30, 2017, 12:37:56 pm »

Dear Editors
 I thought that you might like more news from the edge of the world near Farcet and to let you know the latest news from DEANS MARINE.

New release in the kit range.
 This new kit will be released at the Blackpool show the weekend of the 20-21 October 2017.
      NARROWBOAT   Scale 1/12   Length 1.08 m   Beam 190mm 
 Release price  £148.00

The model.
 This kit is based on a glass fibre hull with rubbing strips moulded into the surface of the hull. The construction of the decks and main cabin is from laser cut 3mm marine plywood, all internals are 1mm +1.5mm + .5mm lasr cut Hi Impact styrene, main parts "tagged" for easy assembly.
 The glazing for the windows is laser cut and laser engraved for that engraved glass effect that is part of the style of these vessels.
 A full set of fittings in cast alloy, & resine is included in the kit, along with a propeller, prop shaft and rudder.
Cast chrome and wood vinyl panels add the extra "bling" to this attractive model plus full size plan and a comprehensive set of instructions.
 Basic furniture is include as kits of laser parts and fittings such as Toilet ( motor cover ) Seat (switch) Bed  (battery box ) Kitchen sink and cooker ( ballast box ) these can be used or replaced with figures and furniture not included in the kit, fitted out to your own style using standard 1/12 scale dolls house furniture, with lights, television etc.

Full size details  NARROWBOAT

Narrowboats, Widebeams

All Narrowboats are 6 feet 10 inches wide.  Generally they are all made entirely of steel, ( this model represent a steel boat) although some older boats have wooden and sometimes even glass reinforced plastic (GRP) cabins. Widebeams are wider than narrowboats

Our canals are designed around narrowboats; with this type of vessel you can travel the whole waterways system, whereas you can't do that with a widebeam because  many of the canals are too narrow.
Generally speaking, a 30-40 foot boat is ample as a holiday boat, whilst a 50 plus foot boat is ideal for extended cruising or living aboard.  There is a myth that boats must be no longer than 57 feet long, because some locks have a maximum length of 60 feet. (for example the Calder and Hebble restricts boats to 60 feet and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal has a limit of 62 feet.)  But even if you buy a longer boat, you will be able take in most of the canal system.

Should that you require any further information of the products, please visit our website and online shop
Regards
          Deans Marine

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
Re: NEW KIT FROM DEANS MARINE
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:39:14 pm »

Looks like another winner Ron.

I'm busy building one of your BPBCo 71ft 6in MGB's (MGB77) at the mo and have fallen for the grace power and beauty of these fine boats that I envisage building a few more in the future! Although the narrow boat would be a nice distraction!...........damn this hobby, theres too many choices and not enough time!! :}  But what a great hobby nonetheless!!

P.S Where can I get more info on the BPBCo 71ft 6 boat, I've got the Coastal craft history vol2 book, cant afford the Allied coastal forces books (though I would love to have these in my library!) and with the untimely passing of the genius that was John Lambert attaining plans and drawings have become much more difficult. And Googling is just plain distracting!

Cheers, Dave
Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »

The  choice of 1:12th scale is inspired as it may attract the dolls house enthusiasts as well as model boatists, and the selection of furniture available from the Dolls house industry is breathtaking.
Pond weed is your enemy

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 06:56:40 pm »

I will second the reference to dolls house items, I am adding some finishing touches to a Dumas Chris Craft 1930 Runabout and have bought several items from a few UK dolls house suppliers, the quality of finish has been excellent, and surprisingly cheap.
My model is 1/8 scale so one has to pay close attention to measurements but several items have worked out very well.
It would be possible to furnish a narrow boat to a stunning standard.

grace

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 11:53:11 am »

lovely model, shame the stem post doesnt come up to meet the top planks on the bow..a decent fender might hide it though
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.