Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: seaplane tender 200 series 1932  (Read 4012 times)

Stavros

Re: seaplane tender 200 series 1932
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »

Spoke to Steve today about getting a hull but alas Steve made 6 and sold them all to a customer at a show who also purchased the mould and he cant remember who he it to.....somewhere out there someone has the mould,maybee one day it might surface

Dave

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 05:36:33 pm »

Dave, I knew something  had happened to the mould and now we know the whole story!
Case closed.
Thanks for digging!
N

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:05 pm »

Spoke to Steve today about getting a hull but alas Steve made 6 and sold them all to a customer at a show who also purchased the mould and he cant remember who he it to.....somewhere out there someone has the mould,maybee one day it might surface.Dave

yes by gum...............I got  a call from Steve this morning too, whilst I was on my way to Liverpool and told me exactly the same.

I reckon they were all probably mates from the same area or same club to each have bought one and the two moulds, so perhaps an appeal on here as to their where about might come up trumps

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:30 pm »

I have been looking over the plans for the Seaplane Tender which I will be building later and I must say I was a little surprised that the plan suggests using Liteply for the frames but Birch ply for the keel which is what I expected.

Its obviously a weight issue but I would really like to use good quality Birch Ply for strength. Would anyone agree?
Theres not that many frames ( 9 or so)
Perhaps its because Liteply is easier to cut out.?
Nordlys.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.