The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Submarines

HMS Dreadnought (S101)

(1/4) > >>

Airtrooper:
I'm trying to find ANY plans (but especially lines and body plans) for the RN's first nuclear submarine, HMS Dreadnought (S101). The NMM charge a fortune IMO  >>:-( , so not a viable option as I need to keep costs low. The Submarine Museum and the NMRN don't hold anything.  {:-{  This has left me pretty much stuck!  <:(  At this stage I'll be happy to find anything, even if it is lacking in detail! Perhaps someone out there can come to my aid please? For instance, does anyone know of any GA drawings published in books or magazines from any country around the globe?

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Airtrooper:
I now realise this may be better placed in the Submarines R&D forum?  :embarrassed:  If a Mod is reading this could you move it please? Many thanks  :-))

Moved here

ken

Davy1:
Hi Andy,

It would seem that you are not alone in your (difficult!) quest. See this link:

http://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t1432-hms-dreadnought-or-vailantz-class-submarine?highlight=Dreadnought

I see that the Jecobin plans are still available.

David

Airtrooper:
Indeed. It is a shame Jecobin don't cover HMS Dreadnought, or indeed HMS Valiant or HMS Warspite. I can't help hoping there might be something published in a foreign language magazine or book somewhere, as with USS Nautilus in Eastern Block publications for the Cold War era and since!

gingyer:
What about asking OTW Design??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version