Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hobbyking hydropro inception propellor question  (Read 5573 times)

Mustang

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hobbyking hydropro inception propellor question
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:16:50 am »

Hi.....could someone please explain the size of the 2 supplied props with the inseption
One for 4s one for 6s.....my question is why is the prop on 4s  larger than the 6s.
I think the motor is 1300kv but not 100% sure.      Thank you.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hobbyking hydropro inception propellor question
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:54:02 am »

The rpm of the motor is basically kV x voltage. It will therefore rev higher on the 6S pack than it would on the 4S pack. The higher revving motor will either need a higher current or a smaller prop to reduce the load. To keep the current within the maximum for the motor and esc they provide a smaller prop.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:08 pm »

As Jim says ,basically they used the wrong setup in this boat in my opinion but for the money its a good boat however you must change the battery connectors for bullet connectors as the ones that come on it get way too hot and fail.5-6 mm bullets will work much better .

Mustang

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 03:51:17 pm »

Thanks mart.....could you suggest a setup?  I personally think it is way over proped
I have changed the bullet connectors to 6mm and also a 200amp esc.
  Thanks again

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:48:52 am »

Personally id swap out the out runner for a water cooled in runner maybe a 4092 1600 kv on 6s .Boats pretty light so that motor should work .What i would also suggest is if your going that route remove internals and start again and while shes empty put a layer of glass cloth or carbon fibre inside using epoxy as these boats are very weak , a guy on another forum broke two first time out in light chop  {:-{ . Design of the boat seems good its an issue with the vaccum moulding where some areas are thinner than others.
Id change to an all in one flexshaft setup also and new hardware,sounds like a lot of work but i think its worth doing once the hull is strengthened .

Mustang

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:03:49 am »

Thanks all for the advise etc etc........looking for a new project now winter approaching 😣

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 02:04:01 pm »

I have a new cat im producing shes 36"  long,a friend in Australia made the plug on his cnc machine im also looking to do some larger ones when i can afford to buy the plug and make new moulds .

Mustang

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:09:22 pm »

Nice....I'm after something like a lifeboat etc.....so you make these boats?

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »

Yea been building hulls for over 8 yrs just shipped one of my  57" Arrow hulls to Newzealand .

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 12:58:09 pm »

I have just found this old thread about the Inception (also sold as the Alpha 1000 - same boat different stickers) and thought I would mention that I have been running mine for about 3 years+ fairly regularly, and I am still using the same motor and ESC that came with the boat.

Its performance is impressive for an ARTR model and it always attract's favourable comments from anyone that sees it in action (not the scale guys of course!) and I only run it when the club lake is empty as it is too fast to run in such a confined space with traffic.

Running the model on a pair of two cell packs ( x2 5600mah 65C) and the larger of the two props gives a really good performance with a 7 - 8 minute run time and is more than fast enough for running on a small lake like the one at Southport - and gives no time for any slight lapse in concentration.

One such lapse (I saw something move in the corner of my eye and it distracted me for a fraction of a second as I was making a flat-out turn at the far end of the lake) and the boat was in the air and landed on the pathway beside the lake.  Not a problem, hardly a scratch, and it was put back in the water and has been run for 2 years or more since this "one-off" accident.

I have found it much more challenging to run a fast boat like this in confined space than going faster in a large open area where it can actually become a little boring unless you have somebody to race with.  The only problem is the need to be courteous and not run it when the lake is busy and other users are enjoying sailing their scale models.

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 01:02:25 pm »

I forgot to to mention in my Inception "running report" contribution to this thread that my Inception came with XT90 connectors.

These XT90 connectors have been faultless to date, and I have changed most of my other fast electric boats connectors to XT90 as well to give easy compatibility as I use some of my LiPo packs in more than one model.

I have also bought and fitted some of the "anti-spark" XT90 connectors and they fit exactly the same and can also be plugged in to any regular XT90 connectors.

The XT90 are basically gold plug and socket connectors that have been moulded into a yellow casing to prevent them being inadvertently connected the wrong way around or shorted-out during travel or storage.

In my opinion these are far better than any other commercially available connector for regular club use and they have been so good in operation that I have now converted all of my smaller models and batteries to the similar XT60 plugs and sockets - far better than the Tamiya and Deans types that I had been using for years previously.

As a matter of interest, I have also fitted the XT60 plugs to all of my radio controlled tanks to maintain compatibility between all of my batteries and models.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.