The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Totnes Castle 1884

(1/32) > >>

hammer:
I started to build a model of Totnes Castle in 2013. But got side tracked by other projects. I already have 2 paddle steamers 5ft & 6ft, I need a smaller model for the clubs new pond so 10mm = 1ft  will be a boat of 850mm. If my method of building has been seen you will know I don't use conventional plans, I draw on the building board & the model, as I go along.
Scraped off all the spots of glue & painted out the marks left on the bench (slipway) from Irene. Marked in the positions of the frames all ready to start.

Tafelspitz:
This is going to be interesting  O0

Starspider:
Definitely interesting this one  :-))

Colin

hammer:
It will be interesting for me as well. Sketched out the frames paddler lines are all similar, having built 2 its a good guesstimate.  Not too fussy as will be cut from foam, to build an armature. The hull built on this not decided yet tin plate, wood fiberglassed or just fiberglass.  Probable not the latter. 

derekwarner:
Ahah.....we see pictures on this WEB Forum  O0

We also see that the Totnes had two accommodation/seating areas......the aft area is depicted with lavish diamond studded lounges, the fwd area also appears to have a head on the stdb side

Was this vessel subject to the British Class system as used in all forms of transportation?...you know 1st Class down to Steerage Class :o

So from this...was the fwd accommodation with the head 1st Class?  {-)

The paddle shaft axis indicates the wheels will be rather large......

As always .....looking forward to your build

Derek

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version