Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamco Tramsmitters  (Read 1659 times)

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
Tamco Tramsmitters
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:58:20 am »

I have 2 Tamco transmitters and before I try what I want to do I just thought I would ask the question.
Can I take the right hand control unit out of one transmitter and put it in the left hand position on the other transmitter. this would give me automatic centering on all sticks.
If that would work could I then on the other transmitter put the spare control unit on the right. Then rotate the left hand control unit through 90 degrees. That should give me spring loading up and down on the left hand stick and left and right spring loading on the right hand stick.
I hope I have explained what I want to do so people can understand.
Regards
Skimmer Fan

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Tamco Tramsmitters
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:20:57 pm »

Rather than moving the entire stick check if the centering springs and cams can be moved.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:55 am »

It depends on the trim arrangements of the particular transmitter.  I swapped the sticks over on my Saturn (2 of, 2 axis sticks) but had to twist both through 90 degrees to get them to fit the case holes.  This also involved shuffling the forward/reverse logic around as well as reassigning the channels on the receiver.  If the trim is not mechanical, but buttons, anybody's guess.  Only taking a look inside will show. 
I went my way because I didn't fancy my chances rebuilding the stick cam and spring assembly.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:31:17 am »

Thank you for your comments gents.
I decided have a go anyway, the moving of the whole stick unit from one transmitter to the other was straight forward.
When I tried to fit the single spring stick unit in the other transmitter turning it through 90 degrees it would not fit because it fowled on the circuit board and the holes would not have lined up.
Moving a spring unit looked to complicated.
 :-))
Regards
Skimmer Fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 22 queries.