Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Omega Model boats  (Read 4502 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Omega Model boats
« on: November 19, 2017, 01:52:23 am »

This trader has caused quite a stir on Facebook, I'm posting ere also if anyone else has anything to add to the 'discussion.'

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
Re: Re: Omega Model boats
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:56:32 pm »

This trader has caused quite a stir on Facebook, I'm posting ere also if anyone else has anything to add to the 'discussion.'

not on facebook ? whats it all about ? any clues

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:36:08 pm »

not on facebook ? whats it all about ? any clues

In part....

Umi Ryuzuki Kind of a bummer on the door, vent, hatch, and capstan castings though.... :-( all recasts of my work.

Guy Bagley
Guy Bagley Are they yours umi?

Umi Ryuzuki
Umi Ryuzuki Yeah, and I don't cast in orange....

Tom Stevens
Tom Stevens Check this out Dave Springer. When we started this concept, way back then, who would have guessed that your idea would spread sll over the globe!

Tom Stevens
Tom Stevens ALL over

Guy Bagley
Guy Bagley Top quality fittings... Shame if they're re casts of umi work

Carl Tunnicliffe
Carl Tunnicliffe Shame on the proprietor if this is true........

Guy Bagley
Guy Bagley How do you stop it? Send in the lawyers? Costly?

Martin Davis
Write a reply...
Martin Kinghoward
Martin Kinghoward He said when I took photos of the stand, DO NOT take photos of the fittings in a packets please,I said to my wife he most probably copied them

Mike Cascio
Mike Cascio I️ wonder if any of my kits sold at this show

Carl Tunnicliffe
Carl Tunnicliffe Martin - That is a very suspicious thing to have said........

Martin Davis
Write a reply...

Guy Bagley
Guy Bagley Guilty concience

Dave Stavros Jones
Dave Stavros Jones Well he WON'T be trading at Blackpool thats a FACT

Carl Tunnicliffe
Carl Tunnicliffe Had he approached you Dave?
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply · 16 November at 20:04
Manage
John Walravens
John Walravens Why ?

Martin Davis
Write a reply...
Jr Neil Howard-pritchard
Jr Neil Howard-pritchard I notice on his web page he has a few hulls for sale, but in most sections and especially accessories............"CONTACT US"........I think a few other traders like Macs mouldings, Deans marine, models by design and Mountfleet plus othersmight want to look at these accessory packs at the next show.

Alan Taylor
Alan Taylor It doesn't take much effort to produce your own masters for fittings, don't be an 'bottom', make your own, don't pinch other peoples work.

Adam Fraser
Adam Fraser Kind of raises the question
If he is copying fittings, what else is he copying??
1/24 Sea Trojan hull....See more

Jr Neil Howard-pritchard
Jr Neil Howard-pritchard Thought I'd seen that hull before....makes me sick as a once producer of a kit that people stoop to these tactics and get away with it........we may as well all go n copy speediness. Model slipway ..Mountfield or anyone else for that matter coz it's too bloody expensive to take these rectal orifices to court foe trademark copying.....and they know it....grrrr

Adam Fraser
Adam Fraser There is another one, He was Hansen on mayhem and DDG51 elsewhere
He did a copy of slipways Trent hull.
Engel Typhoon hull ...See more
Arbeitsschiffe - GB-Modellbau
Die Smit Hunter zählt wohl zu den bekannsten Hochsee- und Offshoreschleppern. Das Original wurde unter dem Namen Happy Hunter (Baukasten Robbe) 1978 an Mammoet Transport B.V. ausgeliefert. Der Rumpf ist zu 100% kompatibel zum Baukasten der Happy Hunter von Robbe.
shop.strato.de
LikeShow More Reactions

Jr Neil Howard-pritchard
Jr Neil Howard-pritchard That ddg51 sounds familiar from the US rc site.......I know malcolm f is a member there perhaps he could look....I'm up in carlisless at the moment at a university visit with my daughter n can't look myself

Manage
View more replies
Martin Davis
Write a reply...
Umi Ryuzuki
Umi Ryuzuki Chris Peppit of Omega Model boats has messaged me, and apologised for the row. We are talking, waiting to see if we can come to a resolution.
LikeShow More Reactions

Manage
Umi Ryuzuki
Umi Ryuzuki Chris also had a lot of my fendering on the rack, but we think that he came by the fendering in quantity. So we can't be sure whether it was molded and copied also.
LikeShow More Reactions

Carl Tunnicliffe
Carl Tunnicliffe Umi - I am pleased to read that Chris has contacted you to sort this out. I do hope that you can resolve this issue. Keep me posted eh?
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dominicm

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »

Why pollute a thread about an awesome show with this?  %)

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »

Martin - Why not create a separate topic for the Omega question?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

Can do, if needs be.  O0

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »

Martin Kinghoward He said when I took photos of the stand, DO NOT take photos of the fittings in a packets please

Public show and so could not have stopped you. Should have done it anyway..

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:36:27 pm »

Martin type in Omega Model boats on FB  and read what he has to say on the matter....as he has admitted on there that he has copied other peoples work....he also states that he has destroyed his mouldings....at least he has put up a public appology

Dave

T33cno

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:06 pm »

Martin type in Omega Model boats on FB  and read what he has to say on the matter....as he has admitted on there that he has copied other peoples work....he also states that he has destroyed his mouldings....at least he has put up a public appology

Dave

This is an official statement from me with regards to the uproar that is happening on Model Boat Mayhem at the moment with regards to the fittings I had for sale at the International Model Boat Show.

I was of the understanding that the fittings from Bayou Model Designs were OK for me to mould and sell in the U.K but I was wrong and put my hands up for my mistake.
I have apologised to Mike at Bayou Model Designs and to Aimee Eng at Rubber Baby Tug Boat Bumpers for my colossal cock up and I am mad at myself for making such a mistake.
The fittings cast and the moulds are destroyed.
I am not surprisingly no longer dealing with Bayou Model Designs and all of his beautiful kits will have to be sourced directly from him.
I am sorry if I have upset any model makers and will offer a full refund on any parts bought from the show should you wish.
It was not my intention to un lawfully copy someone else's fitting as I hate plagiarism.
I am not getting into the poop storm on Model Boat Mayhem and hope this statement will suffice as and apology to the Model boat community.
This mistake has cost me a dear friendship and will live with me for a very long time.
Stay safe Mike and take care.
Thank you all.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

T33cno

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:53 pm »

Seems like he already knew he was doing wrong by virtue of insisting on no photos of the packet contents

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 11:38:55 pm »

I had hesitated to bring this to the forum, proper, because I know that these kind of
situations can turn into witch hunts. I did message Martin to make him aware of the situation.
However, even then I would have asked Martin for his permission before bringing this issue to the Mayhem Boards.

Chris has been a gentleman about this whole cock up.
He has  apologized, and been very forthcoming, and eager to put things right.
He is complying with the order Cease and Desist, and is taking steps to destroy the
molds and parts, and provide verification.

I thank Martin for being patient while this played out on his Facebook posting.
If it had not been for the photos Martin took of the Omega sales booth, I would not
have known that my line of parts was being copied and sold. There are indications that
this was ignorant, and willful. And how Chris and Omega Model Boats move forward will
certainly be met with speculation. Best of luck to him.

I think we can move forward, and consider this incident closed.
My thanks for all the support.

Aimee Eng

CC:to Facebook

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:09 am »

without knowing why he made the "mistake" in selling the copied fittings....

some credit where credit is due.....
there has been some people trading out there as traders when all they were doing
was selling brazen copies of other manufacturers stuff and if questioned laughed it off and continued
with no remorse or care.
Omega, seem to of realised they have made a huge mistake and has openly admitted it and apologised
that at least should be a credit to him......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.