Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What?!!!!!!......Yet another Lifeboat build?!  (Read 2858 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
What?!!!!!!......Yet another Lifeboat build?!
« on: November 23, 2017, 05:00:03 pm »

Well, i'm buzzing....just been given back a model that I built to almost the condition it is seen as, in the pictures for a friend about 5 years ago.
He was going to complete it, detailing and such, but never got round to it. think his heart wasn't in the classic lifeboats........more into the modern orange and blue.
Anyway went down to Stoke on Trent for it this morning, and actually have all the fittings needed from stock to complete most of the build, with just a few new ones to make, but i'll leave it until I have finished my steam lifeboat.
The model is a 52' Barnett class lifeboat, at the moment named Duke of Cornwall, but I am going to finish her as the St Peterport RNLB Euphrosyne Kendal.
She is seen on the bench next to my steam lifeboat as a comparison in size.
However it will be going on the back bench for the while until I have finished the "Steam" lifeboat.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What?!!!!!!......Yet another Lifeboat build?!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 03:00:37 pm »

Well!!! I was buzzing.

the RNLB Ramsey Dyce, Aberdeen's 52' Barnett has been afloat in Glasson Dock Basin close to Lancaster for probably more than 10 years now since she came to the area.

So today I decided to take the drive up there and take some photos of all her fittings and decks plus wheelhouse arrangements...........HUH, BAA HUMBUG!!!!

Thwarted now till spring. <*< >>:-( <:(

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

Maybe you could take a step ladder down to Glasson with you to take photos? As long as you dont set foot on the boat,no one could really object,and if someone should happen too,Im sure if you informed them that you were doing it for modelling purposes,they would understand?
Mick

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:28:22 pm »

I have been given permission a couple of years ago to board her any time I wanted Mick, to take photos............but with my back and shoulders, don't fancy climbing ladders these days........will wait now till warmer weather, when she's back in the water......

besides....just bought the timber for my new model, the 60' Barnett.all I need now is the foam......keep visiting skips but no luck yet.................my daughter has nicknamed me Great Uncle Bulgaria! :(( %% %%

inertia

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 02:39:09 pm »

................my daughter has nicknamed me Great Uncle Bulgaria! :(( %% %%
It sure sounds better than the last nick-name she gave you...... :o
Dave M

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 03:59:15 pm »

I only repeated that to you, mick French and mick in Canada...........in confidence.............others might use it, if not already doing so behind my back {-) {-) %% %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.