Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boating

Group Build? Revell's 1:144 Flower Class Corvette.

(1/30) > >>

Martin (Admin):

Afternoon All!

Anyone built the smaller Revell HMCS Snowberry Flower Class Corvette 1:144 ?
Revell 05132 (2016) - https://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/ships/naval-ships/id/05132.html

TailUK:
From everything I've seen or heard about the 144th scale Corvette it's a real peach.  It's not a scale down of the 1/72nd one but a new kit in all respects.  Reports are that the detail and fit of parts is very good.  It certainly looks the part if it's put together right.  On the downside there are no crew figures but they may well appear as a separate set.
A company called "Munich Kit" has produced a set of 6 resin crew figures which also look good.

Allnightin:
See May Model Boats for my article on converting it to RC.  The fit of the quarterdeck was so good I could just clip it in allowing easy access if a problem develops with the steering.

It certainly improves on the Matchbox 1/72 one in most areas although the railings are too heavy and need replacing by photo etch if building for static display.  501 parts will keep most people busy for a while!

Revell have just announced a different version - HMS Buttercup - which will presumably add minesweeping parts.

TailUK:
Replacing Revell railings is a given I think (they still use that damnable practice of plastic stanchions and thread on some of their recent kits) The corvette railing are moulded but look a bit bulky.  I think there's already a PE set available.

Martin (Admin):

I bought the mag but can't find the article?!   :((

--- Quote from: Allnightin on November 27, 2017, 04:22:33 pm ---See May Model Boats for my article on converting it to RC.  The fit of the quarterdeck was so good I could just clip it in allowing easy access if a problem develops with the steering.

It certainly improves on the Matchbox 1/72 one in most areas although the railings are too heavy and need replacing by photo etch if building for static display.  501 parts will keep most people busy for a while!

Revell have just announced a different version - HMS Buttercup - which will presumably add minesweeping parts.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version