Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Frsky Taranis Q X7 2.4ghz LBT Transmitter  (Read 2972 times)

timg

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Frsky Taranis Q X7 2.4ghz LBT Transmitter
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:41:04 pm »

Hi All
I'm just looking at updating my son's transmitter
Does anyone have, use or own a frsky transmitter ?

https://www.t9hobbysport.com/taranis-q-x7-2.4ghz-transmitter

Any views welcome

Thanks
Spud

timg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »

Ok , no very popular then , if i get one i will post my comments

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »

Hi  I have been looking in to the Frsky Taranis X9E . What I found they are aimed at the Fly boys mainly . If you find a boater with one thats very rare . There was a good thread on here about the Taranis X9E. I think it is very good value for the money and most reviews I have read or watched have been positive .

john

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Re: Frsky Taranis Q X7 2.4ghz LBT Transmitter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:24:34 pm »

It will run you a lot more than a QX 7 so be sure you require the extra features.

You can get QX 7's for about £69 posted. A bargain for the level of spec you get.

https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST-Taranis-Q-X7-2_4GHz-16CH-Transmitter-White-Black-p-1112717.html?cur_warehouse=HK

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »

I have the top end Tx the Horus X12 and so far although it has not had a great amount of use it has been problem free. This does not use OpenTx firmware and is easier to program and set up. The OpenTx does appear to be much more flexible but needs more work in setting up, normally best on your computer first. Most  modern transmitters are based on an aircraft setup but the OpenTx firmware is more flexible on programming mixes etc and will be easier to setup for a boat. The throttle stick will be setup with a ratchet although FrSky gimbals seem to be easily convertible to give a spring center.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:31:27 pm »

It will run you a lot more than a QX 7 so be sure you require the extra features.

You can get QX 7's for about £69 posted. A bargain for the level of spec you get.

https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST-Taranis-Q-X7-2_4GHz-16CH-Transmitter-White-Black-p-1112717.html?cur_warehouse=HK

While you can buy from banggood you need to remember that you will get no backup if there is any problem. If it goes faulty you will have to return it to China and hope they will fix it, chinese warrenties are rather doubtful. If you are willing to pay the extra to buy it from t9hobbysport (UK dealer) you get a full warranty and will get any problems dealt with in the UK.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:23:45 pm »

While you can buy from banggood you need to remember that you will get no backup if there is any problem. If it goes faulty you will have to return it to China and hope they will fix it, chinese warrenties are rather doubtful. If you are willing to pay the extra to buy it from t9hobbysport (UK dealer) you get a full warranty and will get any problems dealt with in the UK.

Jim

Sometimes the extra cost is not worth it, AKA warranty, because these days it is cheaper to replace an item with new.
If the extra cost is for a warranty period, not worth the cost because it will usually last that period of time any way no matter who is the retailer.
Not to mention that the warrantor has to still be in business if you need to make a claim.
It is why brand names don't mean much these days, most usually  come out of a couple of factories with different badges.
So don't be put off buying from overseas sources.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

timg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 06:24:20 am »

Thanks for your replies,

I  have had radio gear from t9 hobbysport and an rc truck from banggood ,no problems with either suppliers although I haven't needed to return any items.

The Horus looks really impressive , I have been looking at the Taranis X9E Transmitter but It's probably over the top for what I need.

Spud

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 12:40:46 pm »

The Horus is way over the top for boats but I use it for aircraft and the intention is to use it with my large models and jets once it has been fully tested with simpler models. It's ability to use two receivers in diversity mode where it will still work if one receiver fails gives a good safety feature.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.