Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > 3D CAD Design & Printing

3D Printed Trawler

(1/6) > >>

Marty:
Hello Guys

Been a while since I posted on the Forum, just wanted to share my latest project. I'm planning to print this 16.50m inshore trawler

the Rebeca Jeneen at 1/24th scale. She's been designed using Autodesk Fusion 360.

Guys i'd like to hear anyones thoughts on my design!!

Thanks for looking

Marty

portside II:
Very nice lines Marty, i have seen a couple of 3d printed models on the web, where the model was built in sections with deck and motor mounts included.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIjdgTiP0o&t=259s
This guy included loads of additions to make each section complete, nearly an A.R.T.S.
daz

BFSMP:

--- Quote from: Marty on December 03, 2017, 09:33:01 am ---Hello Guys

Been a while since I posted on the Forum, just wanted to share my latest project. I'm planning to print this 16.50m inshore trawler

the Rebeca Jeneen at 1/24th scale. She's been designed using Autodesk Fusion 360.

Guys i'd like to hear anyones thoughts on my design!!

Thanks for looking

Marty

--- End quote ---

Wow......that looks amazing. how long would it be, Marty, and would it be in sections as said in the post above.

Jim.

Marty:
Hello Jim

Thank you for your kind words earlier. When Printed at 1/24th she'll be 69cm in length. I've also designed a range of Thistle Marine power block crane kits that will be for sale shortly, also at 1/24th.

I have the hull as one complete piece and the wheelhouse will be designed in the coming weeks. everything else will be done by built hand.

I've just started two other hulls one 19m twin rigger the Green Isle OB945 and a Pelagic Trawler at 75m.

I'll be posting pictures as the progress in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Marty

Blaven03:
Any updates, following with great intrigue.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version