Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schnellboot s38  (Read 1953 times)

Timborgini

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Schnellboot s38
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:05:53 pm »

Hi there is there anyone on here who can help me i received an s38 1.24 scale yesterday in the post hence to say its damaged and being a beginner would need help in getting it back to normal and a new paint job is there anyone local to Canterbury Kent to do this for me please..

Thanks in advance

deadbeat

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Schnellboot s38
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:11:59 am »

I refurbished my brothers 1/24 S38, carefully taking the paint off the hull back to gel coat and repainted, it was a long old job. I repainted with a camouflage pattern. I recommend you purchase  German S-Boats by Steve Wiper from Amazon, it has colour illustartions of the various camouflage patterns including the schnellbootweiss colour favoured for operations in the English Channel.

If the photo comes out you'll see my S100 type top and my brothers S38 bottom, I have many more photos of the S38 I can send you from the ragged state to the final finish. If you like to see them send me your e-mail dress in the pvt message facility on this website.

I'm also preparing a presentation on the design and development of S-boats for my local U3A Naval History Group.

Timborgini

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:38:24 am »

:-)) :-)) :-)) :-))  Wow beautiful job so jealous this is how i want mine to look the bottom one of the two well done to you  ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2

Tim

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:10:05 pm »

These images are not the best!

If it helps with some inspiration I'll drag the boat down from it's store an take some better ones...

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Timborgini

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »

Just so jealous need someone to give me a price on a revamp if anyone does this sort of thing being a beginner i aint got a clue but i could keep on top of it if it was done  i did not realise it was this bad compared to the likes of yours  <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:27:58 pm »

I refurbished my brothers 1/24 S38, carefully taking the paint off the hull back to gel coat and repainted, it was a long old job. I repainted with a camouflage pattern. I recommend you purchase  German S-Boats by Steve Wiper from Amazon, it has colour illustartions of the various camouflage patterns including the schnellbootweiss colour favoured for operations in the English Channel.

If the photo comes out you'll see my S100 type top and my brothers S38 bottom, I have many more photos of the S38 I can send you from the ragged state to the final finish. If you like to see them send me your e-mail dress in the pvt message facility on this website.

I'm also preparing a presentation on the design and development of S-boats for my local U3A Naval History Group.

Would make an interesting and informative thread on here.  :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

deadbeat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:47 pm »

Its a Power Point presentation which I'm due to give next March. I'm hoping to take my models to the presentation but I've downsized my car so I don't think I can transport both of them. This is a follow on to two presentations I've given on submarines, Design and Development of submarines, and the second one was submarine disasters (peacetime), sadly topical at this point in time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.