Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamco 6 Channel 2.4Ghz Combo Set - Any good?  (Read 1800 times)

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
Tamco 6 Channel 2.4Ghz Combo Set - Any good?
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:03:11 pm »

Since we can't get recievers for our Planet R/C sets, and have many more model boat kits stashed away to build (Who'd have guessed?), my Dad and I need to look at more R/C gear.

Howes are plugging this set:

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/Tamco%206%20Channel%202.4Ghz%20Combo%20Set

Has anyone used one?
Is it any good?
The blurb:
"Binding is done at the factory. Once a transmitter is bound to it’s receiver, re-binding of transmitter and receiver is not normally required." suggests that you can't buy extra recievers and bind them to the transmitter. Is this true?

Thanks

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Tamco 6 Channel 2.4Ghz Combo Set - Any good?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:15:52 pm »

I think they are briliant - been using one for years - it's still on its first set of batteries!

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:37:18 pm »

For the same price (or less) you can buy a Flysky - Turnigy i6 transmitter and receiver. 12 model memory, programmable endpoints etc. Extra receivers from £8 each.

Barrie

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:50:46 pm »

Good entry level set for the money...don't buy it if you want an ongoing supply of receivers, the factory making them have closed under something of a (typical Chinese business practice ) cloud.
At the moment budget stick sets are proving a bit of an issue at the moment if you want a year on year supply of suitable receivers. I cannot speak for Turnigy and Frsky etc, as I am usually waving the flag for your LMS, and would appreciate imput on this subject from those who have been using them for a few years.
Obvious, but more pricey options are available from the usual suspects, Futaba, Hitec, Graupner, Multiplex, but if your model doesn't justify spending good money on %)
The story regarding the demise of the manufacturer of these sets would make you laugh your backside off if it hadn't resulted in three end sellers 2 channel stick sets disappearing.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 11:47:45 am »

That's the deal breaker then. I'm only looking away from Planet because you can't get recievers. Flysky it is then...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.