Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Receiver and receiver battery help needed please

(1/3) > >>

Mark T:
Hi All

Can you help?  I have a Spektrum DX10 transmitter and I now need a suitable and reliable receiver and receiver battery for my build.  I really don't know which ones to get as the selection is huge and confusing.

I need a minimum of 7 channels on the receiver and a nice small battery to power it.  I want the battery to be rechargeable so I'll need a recharger too.  The battery will only be for the receiver and servos and will not be powering anything else.  I have limited space to fit both of these items so they need to be of a standard size and not oversized if that makes sense.

Any help would be very welcome and thanks in advance - Mark

jarvo:
Hi Mark, A lot use Orange receivers from HobbyKing, are you going to be using an ESC? if so many have a BEC function which would do away with the need of a receiver battery. This would cut some of your size needs, also weight.

Mark

Mark T:

--- Quote from: jarvo on December 09, 2017, 06:13:37 pm ---Hi Mark, A lot use Orange receivers from HobbyKing, are you going to be using an ESC? if so many have a BEC function which would do away with the need of a receiver battery. This would cut some of your size needs, also weight.

Mark

--- End quote ---

Hi Mark - I have heard of Orange on this forum but have no experience of them.  I think that I should have said that this is a steam build so there are no other electrics at all.  I used a BEC last time around but I don't have this facility this time which is why I need a dedicated battery.  I have had a look at hobby king but there are so many to choose from and the prices vary massively.  I guess I don't want to buy something that is too advanced but I also don't want something that is old technology either - hence my confusion.  I'm looking for an appropriate set up for my needs but I also want reliability.

JimG:

--- Quote from: Mark T on December 09, 2017, 05:46:10 pm ---Hi All

I need a a nice small battery to power it.  I want the battery to be rechargeable so I'll need a recharger too.  The battery will only be for the receiver and servos and will not be powering anything else.  I have limited space to fit both of these items so they need to be of a standard size and not oversized if that makes sense.

Any help would be very welcome and thanks in advance - Mark

--- End quote ---
A standard 4.8V NiMh pack will do, 5cm long by 3cm square. If this is too big then a smaller capacity pack can be used with a shorter run time for the receiver and servos.
https://www.overlander.co.uk/batteries/receiver-packs.html
Did the Transmitter come with a charger?, if so check if it also has a wire for charging the receiver pack. If not then most LiPo chargers tend to have a NiMh setting.
Jim

Mark T:
Hi Jim thats a very useful website thanks for that.  Those batteries are exactly what I was looking for and I've checked my transmitter charger but it does not have a receiver lead.  I think I may try and find a charger that does everything to do away with the many little chargers that I have.  If anyone has any suggestions for a decent all round charger that would help me a lot too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version