Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: micro speed controller for a plastic kit conversion  (Read 2695 times)

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
micro speed controller for a plastic kit conversion
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »

hi again..

im looking for a micro speed controller for a 3D printed model I've just started building.. i've got a spare ATction electronics P68a but as its dual motor i would need two, and they take up quite a bit of room.
the recommendation is something called an ER300?? i've never heard of it and apparently neither has google.. any advice would be great..

happy holidays and happy boating
happy boating :D

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
Re: micro speed controller for a plastic kit conversion
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:38:52 pm »

Small enough?

https://www.banggood.com/1S5A-Micro-ESC-Bi-Directional-Speed-Controller-For-Car-And-Boat-Without-Brake-p-1032412.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

potentally could be, any idea if it has standard forward and reverse function?? doesnt say on the page, or at least i cant find where it says it ..

many thanks
happy boating :D

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:41:52 pm »

HI Dan that speedo only goes up to 5.5 volts and will only handle 5 amps/ I have sent you some pm did you get them not sure if my messages are been sent.

Stan.

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:49:43 pm »

These crop up on eBay under different names and work well. I use them in a few small boats with up to 6 volts nimh. It even has an on/off switch.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10A-Bustophedon-ESC-Brushed-Speed-Controller-For-RC-Car-Truck-Boat-GT/182358811258?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 09:58:45 pm »

If it's a micro boat, that's all you should need. However if you want a bit more voltage and current range then there is this, which is only marginally bigger. Both controllers are forward and reverse.

https://www.banggood.com/10A-ESC-Brushed-Speed-Controller-For-RC-Car-And-Boat-Without-Brake-p-966363.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts&cur_warehouse=CN

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 09:59:11 pm »

As long as your motors don’t draw too much current you can run them in parallel off the one P68. I’ve run up to 4 motors off one micro esc in plastic kit conversions.
Roger

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:40 pm »

Done alot of plastic kit conversion . One BIG tip pay attention to the max input voltage . small props need to be turned a high rpm to make the boat move well . This normally means 6v + . Weight is a big problem so a 2c lipo is a life saver but thats 7.2 v to 8.4v so a 5v esc is a big no no . mtronicks do a very nice small esc .

john

inertia

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:47 pm »

i've got a spare ATction electronics P68a but as its dual motor i would need two.

Nonsense. RTFM. https://www.componentshop.co.uk/p68a-pico-1a-microcomputer-linear-acceleration-speed-controller.html
DM

inertia

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:46:35 am »

Sorry - I misread the question. P68a weighs 9gm without its case whereas that Chinese affair weighs 2gm. Fill yer boots.
BTW "Bi-Directional" means it runs both ways, hence "for boats and cars".
DM

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 11:24:45 am »

If it's a micro boat, that's all you should need. However if you want a bit more voltage and current range then there is this, which is only marginally bigger. Both controllers are forward and reverse.

https://www.banggood.com/10A-ESC-Brushed-Speed-Controller-For-RC-Car-And-Boat-Without-Brake-p-966363.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts&cur_warehouse=CN

Customer Reviews:

Got 2 of these for my WPL trucks. Just about the right size and power handling. Only used with the truck off the ground as I fit it in, but seems ok. Off-load it seems too fast at low speed, but once I put it on load the proportional speed handling should be more obvious. LED brightness varies with speed and flashes at the neutral position.

I bought 2 and they look very good - yet to test as I have to change plugs to suit my equipment. Note that the battery and motor plugs mate so I could cut off the power plug and use it to connect to the motor plug.

I purchased two ESC to mount on a small tank chassis and they are perfect, they are able to drive a motor in forward and reverse, there is no brake function but for it's not a problem with a tank chassis. Used with a 0.8A motor on 2S they are barely warm after 15mn. They have a 5V output BEC to power a RC receiver.

is is a very useful ESC for use in small model boats. Good responsive control, and 50% reverse helps prevent disasters with 'platic magic'.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 03:01:34 pm »

Hi Subculture, just ordered one, thanks.
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.