Mess Deck: General Section > Beginners start here...!

ABS to plywood glue?

(1/3) > >>

drawknife:
Hi folks,
Could anyone tell me which is the best glue for fixing Plywood to ABS plastic please. I have a little experimental project that I should like to try but cannot find anywhere that gives the definitive answer. Thanks and looking forward to seeing the replies.

Stan:
Hi drawknife pm sent to you. I have used glues used in the building trade with no problems. Everbuild based in leeds offer a good range under the trade name of sticksall you can buy this in small tubes also.

Stan.

T33cno:
Depends on the specific joint what might be suitable. Large scale or small detail?

spearfish99:
Having built a couple of the Graupner ABS hulled speedboats, I can say that their recommended adhesive works very well, although it is a bit pricey.   It is Stabilit Express

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pattex-1152570-Stability-Component-Adhesive/dp/B0037Y7T4Q

Neil:

ahhh, yes.......

that goes back many moons to when I built their RAU 1X whaler, and it was supplied with a small kit of Stablit express............

My whaler took many hard knocks in its life[ including my mates ramming it regularly on the pond for what it represented, lol] and dropping it from the kitchen table onto a stone floor whilst building her, and the timber frame and ABS never parted once at any point........was a brilliant adhesive, and I would also recommend it..........next best thing to welding, so long as both surfaces are roughened with 240 paper to give a key as recommended by the manufacturer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version