Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > The "Black Arts!" ( Electrics & Electronics )

LED wires

(1/5) > >>

tizdaz:
Hi guys,

I have some LED's that all pre-wired with resistors etc, but the wire is VERY thin & i need to connect them to an Action Electronics switch board, whats best method of doing this, like i say the LED wire is very thin so screwing this into the Switch Board terminal I don't think is wise, as it will either snap or be loose  should i just solder it onto a thicker piece of wire (such as awg 16!) ?

cheers

bfgstew:
You should never screw down onto plain bare wire, it will break, especially thin stuff. Soldering it helps but I would use bootlace ferrules, they come in all cable sizes and colours so you can colour code your wiring layout, plus it adds a professional finish to the job.

Stewart

tizdaz:
hi,

but i will still need to do something as the wire on the LED's looks like its even less than 1mm in diameter so i will need to join a thicker diameter wire onto it ?

tizdaz:
why is text so small :s

It's in keeping with the thread ..........

If you notice small text then the font size can be increased using the Modify button.  You only have a short time to do this however.

ken

inertia:
I would use a small length of stripboard and solder both the thick and thin wires to it, like this:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version