Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which radio?  (Read 2970 times)

gt6uk

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
which radio?
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:52:08 pm »

About 15 years ago i built a Billings Nordkap and my old 2 channel gear has expired. Now i have retired i am getting back into modeling and i am halfway through a MMM Lady Wooes and a Mountfleet Ben Ain waiting in the wings. I need at least a 4 channel with 3 receivers which i can change for each boat. I was looking at a Tactic TCX 650 from Cornwall model boats. I would welcome any opinions as i have no experience and cannot afford to make a bad choice.
Steve.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: which radio?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »

although my own models use a spektrum 2.4 ghz system , ive just purchased a tactic 850 on behalf of a freind for his lifeboat im rebiulding , lots of features including chanel mixing , proportional slide switches , 3 position switches , which are all assignable to chanels within the tx , model memory etc , ive so far set it up to mix ch1& 3 so i can operate throttles with either a single stick or two sticks & trim tabs on a slide switch , the combo set was around the £150 mark so well priced too

T33cno

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:21:00 pm »

I just bought  turnigy 9x with receiver for under £42 delivered from hobby king
8 useable channels

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 01:32:34 pm »

I use the Turnigy 9x too.

T33cno

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:52:37 pm »

I use the Turnigy 9x too.
I think you’re to blame for me getting one  {-)

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 02:05:41 pm »

They're currently listing it at £36! Even I'm tempted at that price, since my 9x is the old version that isn't as easy to get recievers for.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9x-9ch-transmitter-w-module-ia8-receiver-mode-2-afdhs-2a-system.html

Extra receivers are here; https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9x-2-4ghz-8ch-receiver-v2.html

T33cno

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 02:10:57 pm »

Yes as I said just under £42 delivered

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 02:16:07 pm »

Ah, I didn't realise there was postage on top. Still a cracking deal!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 07:06:39 pm »

although my own models use a spektrum 2.4 ghz system , ive just purchased a tactic 850 on behalf of a freind for his lifeboat im rebiulding , lots of features including chanel mixing , proportional slide switches , 3 position switches , which are all assignable to chanels within the tx , model memory etc , ive so far set it up to mix ch1& 3 so i can operate throttles with either a single stick or two sticks & trim tabs on a slide switch , the combo set was around the £150 mark so well priced too

jon...........what lifeboat is it, and what "type" of water does he expect to sail on..............if it is a wooden and grp boat predominantly and he's going to sail on salt water............make sure the receiver is well above the water line or he'll loose signal to the salt water.........bought brand new 2.4 sets for mine but because of space in the hulls, the rx's were always below waterline........and sailing on salt water I'd loose signal 50 mtrs from the bank...........had to swap them all back to 40 meg.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »

the lifeboat is a grp hull with plasticard deck / superstructure , possibly a slipways kit , at the moment ive got the rx on the aft superstructure coaming with its airiels facing skywards , as for the models intended use it will be in the sea or marinas being operated from the owners full sized motor cruiser
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.