Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angle Pembrokeshire R.N.L.I. 150th Anniversary  (Read 5102 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Angle Pembrokeshire R.N.L.I. 150th Anniversary
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:56:53 pm »

Happy New Year!

I have been asked to put on a Model Lifeboat Display for the 150th anniversary of the Angle Pembrokshire Wales, Station, 11th and 12th AUGUST 2018

this will be in a marquee close to the water so you can chose to display on or of the water or both

I am inviting Model Lifeboat owners from all over the country,and a few have expressed their interest already.

There will be camping nearby, for tents motor homes and caravans,and there is also a pub nearby and another in the village as well as a cafe for your food or possibly accommodation if wanted.

I will be advertising it on various model boat websites and magazine. I would certainly like you to come if you can manage it.Set up day is the 10th,and I am sure if you wanted to come a day or so earlier we can arrange it for you.

There will be at least three Historic Lifeboats attending,hopefully more,which will include the ex Angle Watson Lifeboat.

Hoping to make it the biggest model Lifeboat Show in Wales for the year,and pending further permission,other model boat types could be invited.

Please give me a ring on 01209 820844 or e mail me back on this e mail stiveshake@btinternet.com to let me know your thoughts.

Look forward to hearing from you

Mick French

*** FYI: "INFORMATION for those sailing their boats at this event, YOU WILL BE SAILING IN SALTWATER" ***   :-)

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
Re: Angle Pembrokeshire R.N.L.I. 150th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:48:36 am »

Might be an idea for you to speak to Chris parr who is in to his lifeboats. Also has all the pembrokeshire model lifeboats. Also he is member of angles local club. West wales model boats
lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:39:30 am »

Thanks Ian,didnt know that,and I certainly will contact him.
I dont want to tread on anyones toes
Is he a member on here by any chance,or could you pm me his contact details please?
Cheers
Mick F

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:10 am »

Thanks Ian,didnt know that,and I certainly will contact him.
I dont want to tread on anyones toes
Is he a member on here by any chance,or could you pm me his contact details please?
Cheers
Mick F
He is a mod on our Facebook group. West wales model boats. I’m sure your a member of that group

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:41:24 am »

Angle is a beautiful quiet corner of Pembrokeshire. Not remote, but off the beaten track for most holidaymakers. There are lots of places to visit only a short drive away. It would be a lovely place for camping, if anyone is thinking of going.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:13:51 pm »

Angle is a beautiful quiet corner of Pembrokeshire. Not remote, but off the beaten track for most holidaymakers. There are lots of places to visit only a short drive away. It would be a lovely place for camping, if anyone is thinking of going.

Looking forward to it TT ..........booked my Holiday inn
 and started dusting my lifeboats off..............take me that long to do so..........how long it will stay a quiet corner of the world with us rabble going I don't know, but looks a beautiful place as you say.

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 01:29:40 pm »

Angle is a lovely quiet place.
But if you are going to be up by the lifeboat station. Beware that when the tide comes in. You will have no access. It covers the road by about 2 foot on an average tide( lifeboat crew use a landrovwr with a snorkel)
Pembroke is your nearest town from angle that’s worth visiting or even staying at. And it’s about 15-20 min drive.
Then close by you have pembroke Dock. Tenby. Saundersfoot.
Over the water then via the cleddau bridge is Neyland( where I live )    Milford and Haverfordwest

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 04:27:55 pm »

Angle is a lovely quiet place.
But if you are going to be up by the lifeboat station. Beware that when the tide comes in. You will have no access. It covers the road by about 2 foot on an average tide( lifeboat crew use a landrovwr with a snorkel)
Pembroke is your nearest town from angle that’s worth visiting or even staying at. And it’s about 15-20 min drive.
Then close by you have pembroke Dock. Tenby. Saundersfoot.
Over the water then via the cleddau bridge is Neyland( where I live )    Milford and Haverfordwest
Thank you Ian for your report.
The road does indeed get flooded during rough weather and spring tides,but this weekend was selected because of neap tides.
I was informed an hour ago that potholes will be filled in before the event.
This is going to be a BIG weekend,with not only a beer and cider festival taking place,and possibly 7 or more classic lifeboats attending,but other classic boats,such as Bristol Pilot cutters,and a tug,and some gaffers attending. There is also live music being staged,by proffesional musicians and bands....watch this space.I am also inviting other types of exhibits to the model tent,as well as lifeboats,so if anyone would like to show anything in the model line again,please get in touch with me? There will be parking for exhibitors vehicles,cars caravans,tents and motorhomes

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 02:57:52 am »

I am envious but I can't go. <:(
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 06:38:14 am »

Same here don't get back off holiday till the 12th gutted  :(( but good luck and hope there are many more in the south west
Regards,

Rich

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 03:06:02 pm »

would love to bring down some of mine even got Fishguards trent lifeboat but its bit to far from north wales

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 05:41:50 pm »

would love to bring down some of mine even got Fishguards trent lifeboat but its bit to far from north wales
it’s only a 4 hr drive via Aberystwyth

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 08:33:32 pm »

and not duel carriageway

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 08:51:47 pm »

and not duel carriageway

In by book that's a bonus!  %%  But completely understandable  :-))

I'll be there (assuming I can get the motor working fully again!), likely only to be looking + chatting rather than exhibiting.

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 08:54:47 pm »

honestly i love to display for the RNLI, i love doing Rhyl and Holyhead lifeboat days,  i take as many that would fit in car i just cant do it,  hope the ones who are doing it have great day and raise funds for a great cause   

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »

honestly i love to display for the RNLI, i love doing Rhyl and Holyhead lifeboat days,  i take as many that would fit in car i just cant do it,  hope the ones who are doing it have great day and raise funds for a great cause
If you change your mind Smudger please let me know.I would be delighted for you to come.I am organising the model tent,and I am travelling up from Cornwall.A friend is coming up from Devon,and other friends are coming from Northampton and Blackpool,and hopefully a few others from different areas also.
Mc gherkin,it would be good if you could manage to bring something as well!After all if you have a model or two on display,you should have more people to natter to lol.
Please spread the word,as I would like to see many diverse models as possible
Many Thanks
Mick F

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 11:17:06 pm »

That would require me to finish a model first! I doubt my Tamar will be ready in time.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 01:21:10 pm »

Garreth...........
I am going down from Fleetwood  and am going to stay at the Holiday Inn at Pembroke dock.............I only have a Nissan note with a top box [ be on my own in the car] and ..........taking 3 models, two of which will fit in the top box..........
[/size][/color]
so would have probable space for 2 more models..............so if you fancied going down and sharing diesel I can gladly give you a ride with two boats............I will be going on Friday early morning, and coming back possibly Monday morning [but probably Sunday night]..but you'd have to sort out your own accommodation........but can drop you off at it and pick you up in the morning......let me know if you fancy going.best bet would be book in at the same place HOLIDAY INN.....at Pembroke dock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.